WTF is with Franklin's Striking?

I mean, clearly the guy has heart and talent.  He's been dominant in the UFC before.  But you'd think at this world class level and working with a guy like Matt Hume, he'd move past that flared arms thing he does.  It's like every punch is a poorly executed hook.  Right before the KO he was throwing those weird looping overhand/hook/chicken wing punches.

silva imo

All fighters sort of go through what Rich is going through.  Where you get really far and dominate lesser opponents.  But then get exposed and need to work on your weaknesses.  His striking is really unorthodox and he should try and tighten it up imo.

maybe you could teach him a few things? I mean after all, you do own a website on the prestigious world wide web.

The Notorious OMG - maybe you could teach him a few things? I mean after all, you do own a website on the prestigious world wide web.

Well said.

<!--Session data-->

The Notorious OMG - maybe you could teach him a few things? I mean after all, you do own a website on the prestigious world wide web.

lmao!

hahaha

Here we go.  Because someone is not a fighter, they can't critique.

The fact is, the guys striking is technically wrong and goofy.  I'm just saying, you watch guys who are technically proficient and one wonders, why wouldn't a guy like Franklin with contacts and resources in MMA fix his striking?  If you punched like that in a beginners muay thai or boxing class, the instructor would correct you.

Monster's ball,

Not my fault they're were all shit tonight.  And I'm the only one who has anything to say about any of them too.

MMA is evolving. The days of the guy who can fling out those weird, loopy punches are growing short. Combo's, tight economical punching, good footwork, head movement, are needed now. The days of a guy with hard punches and a tough chin getting win after win are coming to an end. Ask Tank and Baroni. Liddell and Silva haven't had much success with it lately either. Franca looked like shit tonight. Head down, throwing wild punches, he looked like one of the dudes from the first 5 UFC's.

KODeathmatch, you got some balls to support me on this thread.

and how many top level strikers has Hume trained? Look at leben's crisp style lol

Rmind me never to go to this dumb bastards website,.

Mayweather made a perfect assessment about the level of Franklin's striking. Franklin proved Floyd to be correct.