Wtf was up with Usman; horrible gameplan or fought injured?

He got knocked out by this guy last time, but dominated most of the fight with his wrestling. So what does he do in the rubber match? Stands with him for the majority of the fight

To me, he looks slow and weak today. Did age already catch up with him?

Or is Leon simply that much better than him now?

8 Likes

It’s his knees. He can’t wrestle as effectively. He’s also 35.

10 Likes

If his knees are causing him to be that compromised, he needs to retire, because he looked awful

5 Likes

He did look kind of slow

7 Likes

I mean, Colby would have destroyed the usman that fight today

15 Likes

Credit to Leon too, he defended the takedowns way better this time

28 Likes

Leon was brimming with confidence this fight. He’s always had the tools to beat Usman decisively.

5 Likes

By doing what exactly? Their wrestling cancels each other out. Just because his offensive wrestling isn’t quite the same doesn’t mean Colby can suddenly take him down.

8 Likes

Agree. Looked like he aged 10 years. I know he has bad knees but damn. For someone who was proclaimed the potential best welterweight ufc champion, he looked like shit. I expected another wrestlefuck performance but he’s not the same since the KO… Another reason why not to ever…EVER… compare him to GSP.

17 Likes

Age, wear and tear

4 Likes

Speed and pace. He would have outs struck kamaru all five rounds with speed

5 Likes

Usman fought for points tonight. Every time adversity came his way, he backed up. The Usman that was stopping people a few years ago was attacking. This was the old Usman that everyone hoped would lose and disappear.

8 Likes

Usman has taken a lot of of injuries over the years.

Leon ran the entire fight.

Couple that like 5 full power low kicks directly to your genitals, plus judging fixing and you have yourself a lost fight.

4 Likes

It was pretty fuckin noticeable how Leon was on his bicycle but those leg kicks really made the difference and probably won him the fight. Usman can’t really wrestle anymore and he couldn’t do any real damage when he tools Edwards down

2 Likes

This.

Also holy shit it’s Domingo! Great to see that you’re still kicking. I used to love your MMA website back in the 90s when the internet was new.

4 Likes

Leon is a lot more skilled then people think he’s perfect for 5 round fights. The body kicks early confused Usman he was worried about the head kick for sure.

9 Likes

lol no. Leons game negated the wrestling. defended brilliantly. the judging criteria has always favoured boring wrestlers but now the well rounded guys who came up with an mma background are finally catching up in the grappling department.

usman losing tonight was good for the sport. there’s 20 seconds left in a world title fight that you’re probably losing and what do you do? hold the guy and try to stall out the clock. fuck that. i hope usman retires. colby fights the exact same way and is boring af too.

Leon beats colby easier than usman

8 Likes

Dudes knees are done d o n e. If you had bad knees you’d notice it more obviously I suppose, I got em and notice how gingerly he walks.

2 Likes

This is the part that’s being overlooked.

1 Like

Yeah he looked like a shadow of who he was in the last battle. Slower, weaker and tired.
I was reminded of how woodly one day looked like one of the best ever, and the next fight he just look terrible and never got it back

5 Likes