WW vs. Fish Video

Mr. Sonnon:

I am considering the purchase of Warrior Wellness videos as my next step (already have Be Breathed and GTB). I know that you and Fish are friends and respect each other. Can you tell me how the WW videos differ from Fish's body weight conditioning tapes? Both of you have been very generous in your suggestions and recommendations. I am just hoping that you can provide me with some indication of the basic differences between to two cirriculum.

Respectfully,

John

Dear John, I haven't seen Fish's tape, so I cannot know how to differentiate. Sorry.

The Training Protocol of WARRIOR WELLNESS regards: joint integrity (strength), health (lubrication), range of motion and flexibility, as well as intrajoint coordination, dynamic balance, isometric and eccentric muscular strength, and integration of proper structure with respiratory efficiency.

The training protocol of conventional calesthenics tends to be on cardio-vascular health and increased muscle strength (concentric).

I personally incorporate non-conventional (complex, a la GTB/Z-series/BE BREATHED) calesthenics from ROSS Biomechanical Exercises, as well as the ROM coordination exercises depicted in WARRIOR WELLNESS. I meter this within an integrated (periodized) program of compound resistance training, supramaximal respiratory exercise, and proper nutrition (above combat skill based refinement).

Fish has some powerful ideas based upon REAL experience and application. Try his programs and you'll discover, "pain is only weakness leaving the body".

Fraternal,

Scott

TTT

Mr. Sonnon:

Thank you very much for the reply. Can you please explain a little more what you mean by "compound resistance training, supramaximal respiratory exercise, and proper nutrition (above combat skill based refinement)". Specifically, by compound resistance training do you mean a free weight routine that concentrates on compound exercises? Additionally, I am unfamiliar with the term "supramaximal respiratory exercise". Could you please give an example or further explanation? I sincerely appreciate your response.

Respectfully,

John

John,

"compound resistance training do you mean a free weight routine that concentrates on compound exercises"

Yes.

"supramaximal respiratory exercise"

Sprinting can be done in many forms, not merely running. The phrase refers to the nature of "sprinting" in any physical activity. Imagine doing a 10SEC boxing sprint followed by a 20SEC boxing jog as one "set" - do 10 sets.

Fraternal,

Scott

Mr. Sonnon:

Thank you very much for the info. By the way, I ordered the WW tapes this morning and am excited about incorporating the ROM Coodination exercises into my personal routine. I also would recommend that any with the Be Breathed tape go back and re-review the GTB tapes. The amount of additional information that I gleaned (now with a different view)on my re-visit of the GTB was amazing. IMHO it is very important (at least for me) to regularly revisit the various tapes once I receive new ROSS or Z-series info. At first I only saw an individual exercise. Now, I am beginning to see a comprehensive health and martial training system. Thank you again for all the great work!

Respectfully,

John

GF2K,

At this period in my training, I focus upon Side-press and Bent-press. Pavel has consulted for me in past training, and I endorse all of his materials unabashedly, especially 5X5 protocol.

Scott:

You advocate WW first thing in the morning, which makes perfect sense to me. Where do you fit in weight training and sprints (actually, I prefer jogging)? Should these be done in the evening, or can either be done effectively immediately after WW?

I'm about a month away from being able to weightlift again (due to shoulder injury), but I was just trying to get a feel of what my schedule should look like (BTW, I love the WW tapes, can't wait until my bad shoulder is healthy enough to incorporate the shoulder circles with that one, too). Right now, I'm thinking that my schedule should have WW drills every morning, and then M-Sat alternate lifting (initially callisthenics, but after a couple of months switch completely to OL) and jogging. Just wondering whether you would advise against jogging (or lifting) immediately after the WW drills. I don't want to overload the joints, but that would free up half of my evenings.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Dan

Thanks for the good words Scott! I'll be posting a mental training question over here pretty soon. I just need to figure out how to word it so I don't sound like an even bigger maniac than I already do. haha!Train hard,Fish