WWE caves, ditches "Fabulous Moolah Battle Royale"

I think we all know people have been bitching up a storm about WWE naming their WrestleMania women's battle royal for Fabulous Moolah. Vince seemed pretty okay with ignoring the backlash, but Mars Wrigley (parent company of WWE sponsor Wrigley's) publicly called out WWE for naming a women's event after someone who spent three decades abusing other women.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0315/637938/wwe-wrestlemania-sponsor-says-fabulous-moolah-battle-royal-name/

"We were recently made aware of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc's (WWE) decision to honor a former wrestler during the upcoming WrestleMania 34 event. As a principle-based business that has long championed creating inclusive environments that encourage and empower everyone to reach their full potential, this is unacceptable. We are engaging with the WWE to express our disappointment."

At the moment, WWE will simply go with the name "WrestleMania Women's Battle Royale".

Personally, I'd go with "James Ellsworth Memorial Battle Royale", but whatevs.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but they're ok with naming the men's Andre, but not the women's Moolah? Even though a woman was wrestling...other woman? Are we living in the fuckin twilight zone in 2018? WTF.

Siciliano di Brooklyn - Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but they're ok with naming the men's Andre, but not the women's Moolah? Even though a woman was wrestling...other woman? Are we living in the fuckin twilight zone in 2018? WTF.

Moolah has long been outed as pimping other female wrestlers, stealing their purses, and other abuses for the better part of three decades. This includes allegations that she set up women to be sexually assaulted, and forced lesbian women into sexual relationships with male promoters. Moolah would, as manager, enter into agreements on her talent's behalf that included provided sexual services to promoters in exchange for bookings.

She's basically the scum of the Earth, and the exact opposite of everything this women's movement is supposed to be.

AnthonyWeiner - 
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but they're ok with naming the men's Andre, but not the women's Moolah? Even though a woman was wrestling...other woman? Are we living in the fuckin twilight zone in 2018? WTF.

Moolah has long been outed as pimping other female wrestlers, stealing their purses, and other abuses for the better part of three decades. This includes allegations that she set up women to be sexually assaulted, and forced lesbian women into sexual relationships with male promoters. Moolah would, as manager, enter into agreements on her talent's behalf that included provided sexual services to promoters in exchange for bookings.

She's basically the scum of the Earth, and the exact opposite of everything this women's movement is supposed to be.

Ok. The article just said "abusing other women." I thought that was written in kayfabe, had no idea all this was going on in real life.

So I guess it will be called the Wendi Richter Battle Royal now.

Yeah, Moolah was a piece of shit IRL, and the fact that Vince was trying to protect her and even honor her name just goes to show you what kind of person Vince continues to be.

But to be fair........a lot of people, men and women, back in the day in the 50s and 60s and 70s and 80s who were in the business were complete scumbags. Vince himself is a scumbag. He's a genius but still he's still the scum of the earth.

Siciliano di Brooklyn - 
AnthonyWeiner - 

Ok. The article just said "abusing other women." I thought that was written in kayfabe, had no idea all this was going on in real life.

So I guess it will be called the Wendi Richter Battle Royal now.

I would not object to the Wendi Richter BR. Or naming it for Alundra Blayze, although that would never happen.

The Destroyer88 - 

Yeah, Moolah was a piece of shit IRL, and the fact that Vince was trying to protect her and even honor her name just goes to show you what kind of person Vince continues to be.

But to be fair........a lot of people, men and women, back in the day in the 50s and 60s and 70s and 80s who were in the business were complete scumbags. Vince himself is a scumbag. He's a genius but still he's still the scum of the earth.

It was Vince that brought Moolah into WWF, which his father would not have done. Moolah was the women's champion, in that loose sense of the territory days, but Harley Race's refusal to work any card, with any promoter, who used women wrestlers meant women were effectively banned from the NWA.

The Moolah/Richter match on MTV was a seminal moment for WWF at the time, and was Vince's idea. Vince using Moolah to steal the title back from Richter was the original screwjob. It seems Vince and Moolah had a lot in common, both in character, and business practice. So even after all this time he's had a soft spot for her, despite what everyone now knows.

It's a shame Charlotte had to be used in the vignettes promoting the battle royal, praising Moolah.

Holy shit. First time ever that the WWE caved to twitter pressure.

now let’s work on that Warrior Award.

This womens empowerment movement in the WWE is complete bullshit anyways. Empowering women but we're seeing more and more skin and more and more nip slips every week on LIVE tv.

RKing85 - 

Holy shit. First time ever that the WWE caved to twitter pressure.

now let’s work on that Warrior Award.

I have no problem with the Warrior Award. If Warrior was still alive I would agree 100%. But since he passed I found it fitting they gave it to life strugglers.

The Destroyer88 -

This womens empowerment movement in the WWE is complete bullshit anyways. Empowering women but we're seeing more and more skin and more and more nip slips every week on LIVE tv.

Not that I'm complaning or anything.......it's just hilarious that we're pretty close to going back to the days of bra and panties matches and seeing thongs every other segment but the WWE is supposedly empoering women. To wear whatever the fuck they want. Directly in my face.

Sherri Martel Memorial Battle Royal is fitting.

Mildred Burke is the first real women's champion. 

Moolah was a disgusting person.  She held down every woman she could including Richter. I am glad the WWE finally cut the shit.

The Destroyer88 -
The Destroyer88 -

Not that I'm complaning or anything.......it's just hilarious that we're pretty close to going back to the days of bra and panties matches and seeing thongs every other segment but the WWE is supposedly empoering women. To wear whatever the fuck they want. Directly in my face.

What the shit are you even talking about?

The Awesome Kong Memorial Battle Royal

The Nikki Bella Memorial Battle Royal

After Sunday, the Xavier Woods Memorial Battle Royal.

Vince should name it after Dusty for one last rib

evh - 

Vince should name it after Dusty for one last rib

Men's tag team tournaments in NXT are named for Dusty.