WWE Close To Signing Former Impact Wrestling

According to Sportskeeda, former Impact Wrestling stars and real life married couple Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis have either signed or are very close to signing WWE deals.

The report adds there has been discussion as to whether or not the duo would debut on Smackdown Live or NXT, and the decision appears to have been made. If the duo does debut on WWE Smackdown Live, it will likely be after the upcoming WWE Backlash PPV, as the card for that event is reportedly full. However, if the duo debuts on NXT, it could be as soon as the next TV tapings which take place this week.

Maria left WWE back in 2011, after 7 years with the company, and has publicly stated on numerous occasions that she did not get along well with The Bella Twins. Maria has also accused the Twins of having “no real talent”, and getting ahead in WWE based on their real life relationships with John Cena and Daniel Bryan.

Surely it'll be NXT. 

Grizz is going to be so happy when Bennett and the Miz start feuding...

"Maria has also accused the Twins of having “no real talent”, and getting ahead in WWE based on their real life relationships with John Cena and Daniel Bryan."

And their mom married John Laurinaitis for good measures.. They really took the Triple H formula of marrying key people to get anywhere in the business to a whole new level!

World Peace's Left Elbow - 

Surely it'll be NXT. 

Nope, main roster. Confirmed.

UPDATE:

PWTorch.com is reporting that Mike Bennett and his wife, Maria Kanellis, have both signed contracts with WWE. According to the website's sources, the two were recently offered a deal and have accepted. It is also being reported that the duo is expected to debut on SmackDown LIVE, and that while they were offered another deal from their former employer, Impact Wrestling, WWE's offer "was way more appealing."

Wrestling Observer Live's Bryan Alvarez has also mentioned on a recent edition of their show that they attempted to book the duo on a broadcast last month; however, they were told that Bennett and Kanellis were not taking any shows, which, Alvarez noted, is an indication that someone has signed a contract with an organization.

If this leads to a mixed tag with Carmellsworth, I'll shoot my fucking TV Elvis-style. 

Bennett on the main roster is going to die a horrible death

No matter how bad the angle or Bennet is just remember we get to see Maria's ass in HD

Amen

I see Bennett having a hell of a time getting over to the WWE audience.

I also see WWE splitting them up before to long.

and if Bennett doesn't have to go to NXT while DeVitt, Nakamura, Roode, etc. Had to, I might kill myself.

RKing85 -

I see Bennett having a hell of a time getting over to the WWE audience.

I also see WWE splitting them up before to long.

and if Bennett doesn't have to go to NXT while DeVitt, Nakamura, Roode, etc. Had to, I might kill myself.

Yeah he needs NXT to develop something and if they don't they're even more insane than I thought.

Would suck since Maria would probably go with him but all good things in time etc.

Kingdom was a good tag team. Not mike & Maria's fault that they got wrapped up in that abortion of a storyline with ally and braxton sutter. Plus, maria is hot as hell. I don't get the hate.

Agree in order for him to get over he's gonna need a faction or a stable/ or just plain a really good gimmick.

Ugh. Mike Bennett is the definition of a guy that's always skipped leg day. That's all I can think of when I see him.

His promos with Maria in TNA were boring and annoying...

Nothing Mike Bennett has ever been involved in has ever been "good". If you were to look up the word "mediocre" in the dictionary, you wouldn't find a picture of Mike Bennett because he would have to improve by leaps and bounds to even be considered mediocre. He's the absolute drizzling shits, a black hole of charisma, the personification of "meh", and someone who brings less than nothing to the table. The man would have washed out of the business years ago and be working as a personal trainer at a Massachusetts Planet Fitness if his wife didn't have the kind of ass that ancient civilizations fought wars over.

Fuck Mike Bennett.

I actually liked his early gimmick in ROH as the Jock with the hot gf and the old school coach and trainer as his manager in Brutal Bob. But since leaving ROH I haven't seen him since because he's dissapeared into the TNA blackhole and I'm not exactly going out of my way to watch. Unfortunately the same goes for acts like the Wolves and Moose who I actually miss seeing them work.

But he does legit come off like a super nice guy who is a really big fan of the business in interviews.

batman32314 -

I actually liked his early gimmick in ROH as the Jock with the hot gf and the old school coach and trainer as his manager in Brutal Bob. But since leaving ROH I haven't seen him since because he's dissapeared into the TNA blackhole and I'm not exactly going out of my way to watch. Unfortunately the same goes for acts like the Wolves and Moose who I actually miss seeing them work.

But he does legit come off like a super nice guy who is a really big fan of the business in interviews.

You'd be very disappointed with the direction they're? currently taking Eddie Edwards and (especially) Davey Richards right now.....

Grizz really hates Mike Bennett lol...there is so little post on this forum it is alot of the posts lol.

It's a point that bears repeating. Saying Mike Bennett is the shits is an insult to shits everywhere, but I can't think of any other words that properly convey how awful he is. He needs to never be on my TV ever again