WWE 's Jim Ross say's Roy Nelson looking at WWE

Longtime WWE commentator Jim Ross said in his latest blog that representative's for Roy Nelson have casually contacted him about Roy getting a shot in WWE. Ross said he has not gotten involved in the matter and likely will not. This would be the guy that Dave Meltzer talked about as wanting to try WWE but most people wouldn't have thought it. I could see Nelson doing well in Old school Pro wrestling but these day's it's more about physique than almost anything and Nelson has some work to do to meet WWE standards.

This would be great. Dana absolutely HATES Roy. If Roy made a name for himself in wrestling and then came back to MMA, Dana may change his tune.

TimeToCrush - I wonder if the WWE would bury him though to prove how superior they or some dumb shit.

Look at how they treated Puder.

Think back to Tank Abbott's run in WCW.  It was brief, but made him money.   Roy could easily play the MMA badass role Tank did.  It requires almost no pro wrestling training and is a nice bright spotlight.  He'd come in, "KO" a few undercard guys, build to a PPV, target a main eventer for a feud, then get his clock cleaned.  In and out in a few months, with a decent paycheck.  John Cena would be a perfect target.

If Nelson manages to accumulate a few solid WWE fans, who would follow him back to MMA, any company would be happy to have him.

Don't ever underestimate Nelson.  He's a very talented fighter who know how to use his umm... physique.. to his advantage.  'Big Country' also a pretty gifted actor.

BobD - Think back to Tank Abbott's run in WCW.  It was brief, but made him money.   Roy could easily play the MMA badass role Tank did. 

at that point WCW was run by morons who would push/throw money at ANYONE who they thought was a celebrity or big name.

WWE isnt that stupid and inept.

He doesn't have what it takes to make it in the big leagues.

Only person I'd like to see make the move up is Gina.

LOL he isn't even good enough for TNA

Yokozuna & Rikishi his cousin
Earthquake and Typhoon, the Natural Disasters
King Kong Bundy
Bam Bam Bigelow
Mark Henry
Big Show
Dudley Brothers

Keep in mind, Roy doesn't come close to any of the weights these guys have. It's more of a shape.

Roy Nelson could definitely pull off the hillbilly redneck angle, give him some overalls, flannel, he will be an instant star. Also to name an overweight WWE superstar, remember Mankind?

Roy Nelson could become this generation's Dusty Rhodes. Dusty was always fat and sloppy but was a huge star in the 80's. Roy with a similar gimmick plus the MMA background could possibly do well. What other options does he really have with all the contract problems? Best way to still make good money and stay in the spotlight until he can return to the UFC.

DUSTY RHODES 2.0

Anarkis2 - Rednecks love WWE, Rednecks love Big Country, .... See where this is going?

NEWSFLASH

Rednecks love UFC/MMA ..............

makes sense
there was that story a couple weeks back where Dana said that Roy is tied up in another podunk promotion's contract. And then Roy posted something saying that he was looking at other avenues for making money if MMA does not work out

Samoan Joe is from TNA is on the fat side but he's an excellent worker and has done some MMA training. It would be cool to see Samoan Joe vs. Roy Nelson.

Famigerado - Roy Nelson could become this generation's Dusty Rhodes. Dusty was always fat and sloppy but was a huge star in the 80's. Roy with a similar gimmick plus the MMA background could possibly do well.

LOL when Roy Nelson talks I can understand what he's saying and yet it doesn't excite me like Dusty can

BROTHER I AM BAD AND THEY KNOW I'M BAD

BOOLA BOOLA

Darth BLAF - Yea, he difinitely has the look that Vince McManlover covets in his WWE oiled up, homos in bikinis....

Lmfao @ this story.

Exactly. A fat pale guy with a bad haircut. Worked out real well for Trevor Murdoch, and he looks 10x better than Roy Nelson.

Well, if Nelson cannot fight anywhere, I don't blame him.

He is a character, he can make a lot of money, and maybe figure out his odd contract issues in the mean time.

Famigerado - Roy Nelson could become this generation's Dusty Rhodes. Dusty was always fat and sloppy but was a huge star in the 80's. Roy with a similar gimmick plus the MMA background could possibly do well. What other options does he really have with all the contract problems? Best way to still make good money and stay in the spotlight until he can return to the UFC.

Word. I think he could cut a promo too.

cool

too bad that Jim Ross doesn't know shit

Yeah, like he's be able to just prance into pro-wrestling under two contracts that have people fighting over him.