WWE women are good

I know it's no one's favorite part, but after watching Emma vs Natalya on NXT, I started noticing how good these girls are. There are so many more talented women than the days of Trish & Lita or "LayCool" & Kelly Kelly. It's nice to not have to feel sorry for them in botch-fests anymore. Sure, some of them with still screw up a lot, but as long as Eva Marie isn't in there expressionless and no-selling, I'm enjoying all these matches.

Is this a joke? Phone Post 3.0

Most of the NXT girls are solid workers. Go watch Paige vs Natalya on NXT. Best wwe woman's match in a long time. Phone Post 3.0

haha
no. I take it you disagree? :)

No. I don't agree. Work rate is obviously lower now. I admit I haven't seen NXT though .

You brought up Lita and Trish. That was the same time as Molly Holly, Victoria, Tori, Ivory, Mickie James, etc. with exception of Natalya, nobody today comes close. Phone Post 3.0

I've been rewatching some old ppvs lately and maybe it was Trish that kept screwing up, but they were sloppy matches. The work-rate and talent are highlighted more in longer matches so I think the NXT matches are a better place to compare than any RAW 10-diva tag. I haven't even seen any of Paige yet. I'll have to go check out more NXT myself.

You do bring up a good point though, jju. You could trust Molly Holly, Ivory, Victoria, Lita, or Trish to go out on a ppv one-on-one and have good psychology and ring-presence. I just don't think they were technically as sound as we're going to start seeing out of this new crop of girls.

The ring presence is the biggest difference. I think people forget how over Lita was as a face. Trish too as a face and heel.

The girls toast can't get anybody to care. Also, I think a big reason for the 10 diva tags is that almost none of them can give a good 5 minute match on their own.

I'm convinced the only good Wrestlemania storyline for AJ would be against Lita. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, we'll see if people will start to care. The division is more over-saturated than it has ever been. This leads to all the 10-diva tags. They only devote one or sometimes two of the 12 or so segments on RAW to the divas and they have the Divas show on E and AJ the champ to put over. They have to get that done as quickly as possible, hence the 10-diva tag without entrances.
On NXT, they get much more time and we get to see what they're really about in the ring. Summer Rae (a real athlete from the Lingerie Football League), Emma (a 24yr old that has been wrestling most of her life), and Natalya put on some good, compelling matches from what I've seen so far.

All I know is that Summer Rae is one seriously hot piece of ass. DAMN.

TNA today has 3 women wrestler's. They run the same 3 girls out there every week. Velvet Sky is the only one that get's my attention though.

No puppies like the old days Phone Post 3.0

Trish and Lita had some great matches, I don't know why you'd use them as an example of how bad that era was.

The thing is, the divas are so interchangeable nowadays. Some hot girl gets fired and another hot girl gets hired. I admit that it's starting to get better but until they focus more time on building personas they will continue to be a sideshow. Phone Post 3.0

I love me some AJ but not for her wrestling ! Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Jay Edz - Trish and Lita had some great matches, I don't know why you'd use them as an example of how bad that era was.

The thing is, the divas are so interchangeable nowadays. Some hot girl gets fired and another hot girl gets hired. I admit that it's starting to get better but until they focus more time on building personas they will continue to be a sideshow. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not arguing Trish and Lita didn't have some great matches, but they are brawls. I just watched Trish/Lita from Armageddon '06, for instance, and they did 5 wrestling moves: Trish's headscissors thing, a missed moonsault (if that counts), a sloppy russian leg-sweep float-over for a pin, sleeper hold, and sharpshooter in a 12min match. This match and most of the matches from the era are almost entirely punching, kicking, pulling hair, pushing, and slamming faces into the mat.
Brawls are fun, but they generally don't take a lot of wrestling talent or athleticism.

Natalya and the girls on NXT do 5 moves in the opening series. And they do the moves with better execution.

Trish and Lita (and the rest from the attitude era) were great compared to what women had been previously. All I'm saying is these women nowadays are good and have the potential to be on another level because their wrestling and athletic talent is already better than we've seen before.

anybody nitice how STIFF the girls matches are?

Trish is painfully overrated because she went from terrible to mediocre. Her finishers were crap.

BillyRayChubbs -

Hell yeah Snukas super kick on Nikki a few weeks ago was right on, watched that over a few times Phone Post 3.0

I agree! Amazing.

Why? Because of new trainer Sara Del Rey!

CMX -
BillyRayChubbs -

Hell yeah Snukas super kick on Nikki a few weeks ago was right on, watched that over a few times Phone Post 3.0
It was like Goldberg Bret hart all over again Phone Post 3.0

Did you guys watch Paige v Emma on NXT Arrival? It was a brawl in the beginning but still showed more technical prowess than previous generation matches. This is the first time I've ever wondered or cared how Divas will do in the future.