xbox 1 and ps4, TME

GF is getting me a new system for my birthday it looks like.
Which should I be dropping hints about?

PS4 seems to be doing much better so far, sales-wise.

You are never going to get an unbiased opinion on this one. There are a lot of other threads where people have asked the same. It comes down to what is important to you.
PS4 has more sales, is a technically better system and is cheaper. However, people have cited exclusive content on the xb1 and that it is possibly a better media system.
For me personally it is most important to have the same system as my friends so I can beat their ass in my spare time as I'm away from home a lot.
I think the technical differences between the two systems are negligible to the general user and unless there is content that is exclusive on either system that you really want to play, you've just got to pick a side. So, are you Microsoft or Sony? Phone Post 3.0

Chimp Strength - You are never going to get an unbiased opinion on this one. There are a lot of other threads where people have asked the same. It comes down to what is important to you.
PS4 has more sales, is a technically better system and is cheaper. However, people have cited exclusive content on the xb1 and that it is possibly a better media system.
For me personally it is most important to have the same system as my friends so I can beat their ass in my spare time as I'm away from home a lot.
I think the technical differences between the two systems are negligible to the general user and unless there is content that is exclusive on either system that you really want to play, you've just got to pick a side. So, are you Microsoft or Sony? Phone Post 3.0
This.

Get what you're buddies have. Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence -
Chimp Strength - You are never going to get an unbiased opinion on this one. There are a lot of other threads where people have asked the same. It comes down to what is important to you.
This.

Your! Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence -
TheEssence -
This.

Your! Phone Post 3.0
Vote up for grammar Naziing yourself! Phone Post 3.0

Chimp Strength -
TheEssence -
TheEssence -
This.

Your! Phone Post 3.0
Vote up for grammar Naziing yourself! Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha I had to, it's one of my pet peeves and I'm embarrassed for myself! Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin -

As a game I could care less about which company sold more. I'd be more interested on finding out which of my friend play each system and games coming out. Because after all they could see 10 billion cardboard consoles and I'm not buying one. Phone Post 3.0

FlowWithTheGo - 
Sagiv Lapkin -

As a game I could care less about which company sold more. I'd be more interested on finding out which of my friend play each system and games coming out. Because after all they could see 10 billion cardboard consoles and I'm not buying one. Phone Post 3.0

Sales may affect the library of games. It's a drastic example, but look at the Wii U. Almost nobody is making games for it because it isn't selling well.

I read a news story today stating that M$ is going to stop production of X1 because the supply has backed up.

Now, I don't think the X1 will flop like the Wii U. Not even close. But it's something to consider, along with the the reason people seem to be choosing one overwhelmingly over the other.

I have both, and like them both.

Sagiv, what was your reason for buying both? Exclusive content you wanted on each? Or just cause you can? Phone Post 3.0

Chimp Strength - Sagiv, what was your reason for buying both? Exclusive content you wanted on each? Or just cause you can? Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much exclusive content. I didn't want to miss out on any of the truly excellent exclusive games each console will get.

PS4 is cheaper, that is primarily why it has sold more. Especially since the previous generation still has great games. If you have a 360, there isn't a massive reason to spend the extra money on the X1.

This is a reversal from the last generation when initially the XBOX 360 dominated the PS3 in sales because they were 100 bucks cheaper because they decided against blu-ray. This time around, the XBOX has the kinect which has increased the price, this is the same as the blu-ray bit on the ps3, it too raised the price.

By the end however, once the prices leveled out, it was fairly even and the ps3 closed the sales gap and possibly took the lead.

Sales are meaningless and are indicative, right now, of the fact one system is more expensive than the other.

I own an XBOX One because I wanted the total entertainment package and love their partnership with the NFL. Both systems play games great, however, the xbox one will allow me to game while keeping a football game open on the side menu. You can also upload your fantasy football team into the system and it will store that and give you live updates when your players score. The total integration is a better value for me and my lifestyle.

For what it's worth, I bought an Xbox1 and had it for a week. I didn't care for it or Titanfall. I took it back an got PS4. I like it a lot more. I had both previous xbox's and playstations. Phone Post 3.0

If what you care most about is playing games, get a ps4.

if you care more about having a 'media center', get an xbone.

also most cross platform games will be full hd on ps4 but only 720p on xbone. it is easier to make games on ps4 than xbone, so developers make them for ps4 and then convert them for xbone.

Sagiv Lapkin -
Chimp Strength - Sagiv, what was your reason for buying both? Exclusive content you wanted on each? Or just cause you can? Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much exclusive content. I didn't want to miss out on any of the truly excellent exclusive games each console will get.

Which is also why I will pick a ps4 at some point. My friends and most of the exclusives I want are on the xbox. That said, I'm a gamer and I want to play playstations best titles. Phone Post 3.0

If your keen to play online, just get what your mates have.

I bought ps3 and than bought an xbox cause that's what my mates bought.

Than I bought ps4 and my mates got xbone. Now, I'll have to buy xbone. Phone Post 3.0

Death and Taxes - I enjoy playing on the xbox one with the OG crew. Phone Post 3.0
Voted up all. Good point about getting the same system as my mates Phone Post 3.0

jcblass - PS4 is cheaper, that is primarily why it has sold more. Especially since the previous generation still has great games. If you have a 360, there isn't a massive reason to spend the extra money on the X1.

This is a reversal from the last generation when initially the XBOX 360 dominated the PS3 in sales because they were 100 bucks cheaper because they decided against blu-ray. This time around, the XBOX has the kinect which has increased the price, this is the same as the blu-ray bit on the ps3, it too raised the price.

By the end however, once the prices leveled out, it was fairly even and the ps3 closed the sales gap and possibly took the lead.

Sales are meaningless and are indicative, right now, of the fact one system is more expensive than the other.

I own an XBOX One because I wanted the total entertainment package and love their partnership with the NFL. Both systems play games great, however, the xbox one will allow me to game while keeping a football game open on the side menu. You can also upload your fantasy football team into the system and it will store that and give you live updates when your players score. The total integration is a better value for me and my lifestyle.

Price isn't the only factor. Even the discounted bundles aren't selling that well.