xbox 360 RPG games

im thinking of getting back into playing RPG's again. I like to play Dungeons and Dragons and Im looking to play games similar to that.

I have played Dragon Age Origins and Fable 2. Liked both.

How good is Dark Souls and Skyrim?

any recommendations?

DougWilson - im thinking of getting back into playing RPG's again. I like to play Dungeons and Dragons and Im looking to play games similar to that.

I have played Dragon Age Origins and Fable 2. Liked both.

How good is Dark Souls and Skyrim?

any recommendations?

Both of those are two of my favorite games of all time.

Dark Souls is not for the feint of heart - it's a difficult game, but that's what makes it all the more rewarding when you finish it. There is not much available in terms of story, but it does have some neat lore and a very neat atmosphere going on. It has smooth and responsive gameplay, and your character is completely customizable. PvP adds a whole other dimension to the game as well... I could go on about this game, but in short, if you like RPGs and aren't deterred by steep difficulty, this is your game.

Skyrim is also amazing. Some didn't find the story very deep, but I enjoyed the stories of all the different main quest lines. The customization of your character is nigh limitless, and offers a lot of replay-ability with all the different ways you can play a character. The Dragonborn expansion in particular was amazing - if nothing else, for the nostalgia of Morrowind environments with 360 gen graphics.

If you haven't played Fallout 3, I'd also highly recommend it. The game has one of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced in a game... the post apocalyptic world is very well done, and provides a very engrossing RP experience. It plays as more of a first person shooter, but has RPG elements of leveling up, picking perks, etc. Between it and it's successor New Vegas, I enjoyed Fallout 3 more - but both are definitely worth playing imo.

I heard about the difficulty of Dark Souls, which i like.

I will check out Fallout 3.

Tales of Vesperia Phone Post 3.0

Dragon age 2 aint bad Phone Post 3.0

I picked up Dragon's Dogma and The Witcher 2 a couple weeks back on an XBL sale, both reviewed very well and I hear great things.

Dishonored is a quasi-RPG that is fun as hell, also picked it up on a sale and am on my second playthrough now. Not a ton of depth but it's just fun.

Some others you might want to at least look into are Nier, The Last Remnant, and Kingdoms of Amalur

Dragons dogma is great fun. I just picked up the expansion but not started it yet Phone Post 3.0

Dragons dogma is great fun. I just picked up the expansion but not started it yet Phone Post 3.0

forgot about Dragons dogma

KingD87 - Tales of Vesperia Phone Post 3.0
If anyone knows of more games like this one I'd be grateful. I'm aware of eternal sonata btw. I like 'em with a good storyline and linear as fuck. Like the classic FF games up to FFX Phone Post 3.0

How is the fable games? I downloaded the free one that was on xbox live a few months back but never played. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Jay Edz -
KingD87 - Tales of Vesperia Phone Post 3.0
If anyone knows of more games like this one I'd be grateful. I'm aware of eternal sonata btw. I like 'em with a good storyline and linear as fuck. Like the classic FF games up to FFX Phone Post 3.0
Lost Odyssey, Enchanted Arms, Star Ocean, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Magna Carta Phone Post 3.0

If you're only going to play/try one J-RPG, go with Lost Odyssey.

That game is the epitome of story telling in a video game.

Willo232 - Dragon age 2 aint bad Phone Post 3.0
Don't listen to this man. DA 2 is like shitting in your own mouth after playing DA origins. Phone Post 3.0

Also, why the Rosen series was a bit cheesy, I have to say I enjoyed them a bit, and did play through to the end. Phone Post 3.0

CavemanDave -
Don't listen to this man. DA 2 is like shitting in your own mouth after playing DA origins. Phone Post 3.0
Truth. Da2 is an abomination Phone Post 3.0

DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee -
CavemanDave -
Truth. Da2 is an abomination Phone Post 3.0
Lol tbh i didnt finish it, took a different turn than DA: Origins but certainly wasnt a terrible game imo, just suggested it because OP mentioned Origins.

If you dont mind the graphics pick up the elder scrolls oblivion and all the DLC, especially Shiverin Isles, then Skyrim uf you get through Oblivion.

IMHO Oblivion has the far better story and more gripping gameplay because of it. Phone Post 3.0

Tales of Vesperia is in a league of its own on the console. Get it, and get it now, before this reprint runs out and they cost 60 bucks again. No other JRPG like it, particularly the 'action' combat Eternal Sonata borrows.

Dark Souls is also a must play, it is a minimalist, timing based action rpg, that... just has action combat. Most action rpgs you take losses in the vgroleplaying department, not in dark souls, so much depth, even the combat is insanely deep due to its timing based mechanics.

Those are my two if you have played DA:O. The three best RPGS on the console, without a doubt in my mind.

OP, if your into turn based JRPGs, i will second Lost Odyssey as best on console, easily. Other Honorable Mentions: The Witcher 2, Fallout: NV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (my favorites from each respective series)

If youre a D&D fan Ive still yet to find any video game that offers that level of experience.

DA origins sort of gives you that party feel. Skyrim is the most immersive from a player standpoint, and offers impressive freedom. Dark Souls has kind of an old first ed vibe with the bigger bad guys and spellcasting system...I really enjoyed it as a fellow D&D fan, but it took a few hours of play before I started to appreciate it. Phone Post 3.0

The witcher 2 while mentioned already is highly underrated Phone Post 3.0