xbox one bashers i have a question.......

first let me say i don't which i'm going with and am not a "fanboy" of either

i am curious as too how many of the people complaining about the kinect "spying" on them (i'm no fan either honestly)are sitting on a windows laptop with a little camera staring them in the face?

or use a smart phone

Which system? Phone Post 3.0

The Alternate - Hmm....

A.) Pay $100 extra for a piece of equipment I will never use...
B.) Pay $100 less for roughly 30-50% performance increase... Phone Post

This Phone Post

you gentlemen aren't concerned with the "spying" you aren't the ones i'm referencing. but thank you for your input. i agree with you

It's the always on part and no support for old games that are deal breakers for me. Phone Post 3.0

can it played used games? lol

Jacobmccrmck -
The Alternate - Hmm....

A.) Pay $100 extra for a piece of equipment I will never use...
B.) Pay $100 less for roughly 30-50% performance increase... Phone Post
Oh, so it's that y'all are dumb you just can't read Phone Post 3.0
I can read just fine, I'll add whatever input I'd like to whatever thread I want, bitch. Phone Post 3.0

Jacobmccrmck -
Not Frasers Conscience - It's the always on part and no support for old games that are deal breakers for me. Phone Post 3.0
How often you turn your iPhone off? Phone Post 3.0
If my phones off for 48 hours there are no issues when I turn it back on. If your Xbox isn't connected to the Internet for 48 hours guess what happens. Phone Post 3.0

Not Frasers Conscience - 
Jacobmccrmck -
Not Frasers Conscience - It's the always on part and no support for old games that are deal breakers for me. Phone Post 3.0
If my phones off for 48 hours there are no issues when I turn it back on. If your Xbox isn't connected to the Internet for 48 hours guess what happens. Phone Post 3.0

just messing around, buuut if your phone doesn't connect to "online" if you will it looses it's main function doesn't it? huh? well? lol :)

if the xbox doesn't connect for 48 hours and you turn it on and connect it will it work then or no?

Ted the OGer -
Not Frasers Conscience - 
Jacobmccrmck -

just messing around, buuut if your phone doesn't connect to "online" if you will it looses it's main function doesn't it? huh? well? lol :)

if the xbox doesn't connect for 48 hours and you turn it on and connect it will it work then or no?
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you lose your downloaded games if not connected to the net for 24 hours?

Again, could be wrong here. Phone Post 3.0

Adulterous_Zucchini -
Not Frasers Conscience - 
Ted the OGer -
Not Frasers Conscience - 
Jacobmccrmck -

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you lose your downloaded games if not connected to the net for 24 hours?

Again, could be wrong here. Phone Post 3.0

No, 100% wrong. There is no penalty at all for not being connected to the internet (other than not being able to play games until you have a connection again). 

That would still suck but it's not as bad as I thought. Phone Post 3.0

Adulterous_Zucchini -
Not Frasers Conscience - It's the always on part and no support for old games that are deal breakers for me. Phone Post 3.0

Kinect is NOT, I repeat, NOT, always on. The kinect is not always on. All of its features can be selectively disabled for when the system is either on, off, or both. 

The XB1 DOES, i repeat, DOES support used games. The XB1 does support used games. Games can be purchased, sold, and exchanged at select retailers (Gamestop, Amazon, Bestbuy, etc). This is good for developers, as a used game transaction makes the game developers no money.

Neither the XB1 nor the PS4 support Xbox 360 or PS3 games. Select games will be ported to both systems and available via their respective networks. 

We've been over this. Almost nobody gives a shit about Dev profitability, just like they don't care about what I can afford or am willing to pay for a game as long as they are in the red.

One of the two games systems has a built-in activation requirement, the other does not.

For folks who like to buy used games, this seems to be a pretty clear issue. The only thing that would change this issue would be a significantly lower price point on games... and I'll believe that when I see it. Phone Post

Adulterous_Zucchini - 
Not Frasers Conscience - It's the always on part and no support for old games that are deal breakers for me. Phone Post 3.0

Kinect is NOT, I repeat, NOT, always on. The kinect is not always on. All of its features can be selectively disabled for when the system is either on, off, or both. 

The XB1 DOES, i repeat, DOES support used games. The XB1 does support used games. Games can be purchased, sold, and exchanged at select retailers (Gamestop, Amazon, Bestbuy, etc). This is good for developers, as a used game transaction makes the game developers no money.

Neither the XB1 nor the PS4 support Xbox 360 or PS3 games. Select games will be ported to both systems and available via their respective networks. 

Actually used games sales are good for new game sales. The developers already made their money with the new game sale. Don't know why they feel they are some kind of higher power that deserves to start making money on used games.

By restricting/eliminating used game sales, you are taking money away from consumers that most of the time goes towards purchases of new games. Do not spin that as some kind of positive thing that greedy developers can line their pockets with more money because they feel entitled to.

Xbone sucks PS4 ALL THE WAY. Yea I'm kinda biased but whatever :P Phone Post

Adulterous_Zucchini - 
Señor Penis - 

The kinect can read your body temp, heart rate and can see you in the dark. It can also read how many bodies are in the room. Phone Post

It can't take your temperature

rectally, hopefully

guess no one has laptops. weird

Jacobmccrmck - 
Kenbow -
Adulterous_Zucchini - 

Actually used games sales are good for new game sales. The developers already made their money with the new game sale. Don't know why they feel they are some kind of higher power that deserves to start making money on used games.

By restricting/eliminating used game sales, you are taking money away from consumers that most of the time goes towards purchases of new games. Do not spin that as some kind of positive thing that greedy developers can line their pockets with more money because they feel entitled to.
Yea that whooping $3.75 goes right back into the consumers next purchase. Don't try spinning used game as being good for new game purchases. Phone Post 3.0

You get $3.75 for games? I feel sorry for you

The XB1 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. No resale and requires an internet connection? Fuck that. I'll just stick to playing PC games from Steam.

If I'm playing a game on XB1 and my internet cuts out, what happens? Like when I play HUT on NHL13 and my internet cuts out it removes me from the game and it pisses me off Phone Post