Xbox One or PS4

I understand this will usually just cause fanboys to butt head but was wondering as of now what people recs would be?

I did read that both will be dropping 1TB models in a week or so. Plan to buy after E3. Thanks

the ps4 is far more powerful. hands down for games it is the better option. xbox has the media controls , hands down it is the better system for integrated media

you need to figure out what you want the system for. is gaming you main goal . or is a media center the main goal

also if all your friends are on 1 system it logical to get that system so you can play with them

Good points. It will be mainly used for blu-rays, then used for Amazon Instant Videos, also when I can get the fam out of the living room, gaming.

I am leaning towards PS4, unless E3 surprises me, ie only xbox one drops the 1tb model. Also I did really love online Halo back in the day.

I seems for sure Xbox One drops the new 1TB , new controller, Halo bundle on June 15th. If PS4 doesn't have their 1tb ready then, I think I am going XBOX1.

PC Phone Post 3.0

Ryazzo - I seems for sure Xbox One drops the new 1TB , new controller, Halo bundle on June 15th. If PS4 doesn't have their 1tb ready then, I think I am going XBOX1.

i don't think you should put to much stock into the 1tb. now if you buy for the halo bundle thats great. i would just suggest not doing it over a 1tb harddrive. as you can replace the harddrive yourself to a 1tb one

http://wccftech.com/sony-allegedly-planning-launch-ps4-sku-1tb-storage-year/

sony plans to leak one also. but honestly you are better served with adding a nice 4tb or something. really don't think buying it for a replaceable item is a wise

whatever you pick i hope you enjoy it

BrazillianFenceGrab - If Halo's your game get an Xbox one.

I own both systems and use my ps4 the most. Some of these games are very ambitious and if they stumble performance wise on the ps4, you know it's even worse on the Xbox One due to bloated OS and being slightly more underpowered.

That excludes exclusive console games though because they can cater specifically to that console. Phone Post 3.0

now we all agree none of these systems are power houses. but the difference is far more than slightly

forget the bloated os. forget memory being reserved. both companies can make updates to allow the games to use more of the hardware. so look just at the hardware.

PS4 boasts a 1.84 teraflop GPU that’s based on AMD’s Radeon technology. The Xbox One graphics chip, also with an AMD Radeon GPU, has a pipeline for 1.31 teraflops.

that is a huge difference in power. no matter what tweaks each company does they will still be limited to what the hardware can push.

i am not trying to push any system because the power is meaningless if it doesn't have the games you want. just calling the power differences lite is a massive understatement. personally i wish the consoles had double there power. they prolly still wouldn't be running 4k but there would be 0 issue running games at 1080p. even on the pc 4k gaming is hard to do. it is starting to change but the cost is still far to great to make 4k gaming for all doable.

BrazillianFenceGrab - While the data you present shows quite a difference, my eyes and everyone else in my home who games notices a 25-30% at most.

Regardless of the data, Ryse for Xbox One is easily top 3 in graphics for this Gen, and it's performance was solid as well.

I'm not trying to be rude, but people put too much stock into those Specs. Maybe we haven't see a game yet that can actually utilize the power difference, but out of everything so far the difference is minimal.

What I do know for sure is that The Witcher 3 is a frame rate dropping mother fucker on my ps4, and I don't even wanna witness that mess on the Xbox One. Phone Post 3.0

25% is a huge amount.

as for seeing differences. you will most likely see limited differences in games made for both. it is the exclusives that will show the difference. 3rd party game companies will do their best to keep performance between the consoles as close as they can. it just hurts their sales if a game performs like ass on 1 consoles. sadly many games are not even 1080p on the xbox. while to some that isn't noticeable. but if you play on a large screen it becomes very noticeable. it's like standing up close to a 60in everything in pixelated . but when you step back the pixels become small and the image looks good. now when the source is only 900p that same tv will look pixelated even at 6feet away or more. just picked a random number of feet to use as a example. but having to lower the resolution is a big difference if you play on larger screens

as for witcher i am playing it on the pc and it has alot of lil bugs there also. it is fun but i think it still needs more patches to get performance right on all systems. from what i read witcher on xbox is a total mess and they are behind on patches. pc and ps4 just got patched while xbox was left out for some reason.

i will add this also. it goes with what your saying. power is only good if they take advantage of it. it is like playing console ports on a pc. we got 1000's worth of hardware playing a game that will not max us out. at the same time it would suck not to be able to play something at it's best because i lack the power. even if the power is only used 1% of the time. i still would take it. nothing worse than seeing a game and it not being able to play on your system. kinda like the new wii is dealing with

really good points guys. Now I am leaning back towards PS4 lol. If they would release the new 1tb the same time as xbox one it would be a no brainer. I know its not a game changer, I just feel like if I am buying a system I want the newest release. Maybe Ps4 will just lower price until the 1tb and ill get it. Im excited though, will have to get some gamertags and see what everyone is playing.

Ryazzo - really good points guys. Now I am leaning back towards PS4 lol. If they would release the new 1tb the same time as xbox one it would be a no brainer. I know its not a game changer, I just feel like if I am buying a system I want the newest release. Maybe Ps4 will just lower price until the 1tb and ill get it. Im excited though, will have to get some gamertags and see what everyone is playing.
Ok here is my take Drunkie was saying there is no patch for witcher on xbox one? Mainly cause the ps4 version of witcher is still having issues while the xbox one is pretty much fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsuRm7gA3eU Phone Post 3.0

Hey Gerb!, so whats your opinion man between the 2? Im sure I will be let down a bit since I already have a gaming PC, but my old ps3 is on a last leg so its time for a new Blu-ray/amazon instant video player with a bit of gaming sprinkled in. Maybe I should ask after E3

Gerbacio -
Ryazzo - really good points guys. Now I am leaning back towards PS4 lol. If they would release the new 1tb the same time as xbox one it would be a no brainer. I know its not a game changer, I just feel like if I am buying a system I want the newest release. Maybe Ps4 will just lower price until the 1tb and ill get it. Im excited though, will have to get some gamertags and see what everyone is playing.
Ok here is my take Drunkie was saying there is no patch for witcher on xbox one? Mainly cause the ps4 version of witcher is still having issues while the xbox one is pretty much fixed.

Wtf it wrote half the message.... I'll write the rest when I get home Phone Post 3.0

Here's my ideal setup. PS4 w/ a 1TB SSD and a xbox one controller. Im not a fan boy of either system i could really care less as i will have both eventually. The comfort of the controller is a big issue for me. I grew up on xbox so im used to them most and anytime i've played a playstion i wasnt a fan of the controller.

But whats been already stated above...

Wich exclusives do you prefer?
What system do most of your friends have?
Wich controller do you like better?
Do you want more raw power or ok with having some power focused on media.

Also if you want a SSD the PS4 made is super freakin easy to do so. Not sure how that would go on One. Guessing not fun or doable at all as i haven't heard ppl doing it.

Gerbacio - 

they have the same exp bug and other crap that just got fixed for pc and ps4.not sure how you saying it fixed. it is broken just like the others were. but for whatever reason xbox didn't get the patch at the same time as the others

kings gambit bug is a bitch made the game unplayable for me
there is many who have issues with saved games not being able to load

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1052
there is a list of bugs that will be fixed in the next patch once xbox gets it. i don't know if any of the xbox only bugs will be addressed but it will fix all these that they fixed on the other systems. on pc i couldn't play for a week waiting for the patch

I've got both systems and aside from Bloodborne my ps4 collects dust. Xbox live is much better than psn imo, not to mention the layout of the os and store/ menus. While the ps4 has the sheer edge in power, I have yet to play a multiplatform game in which the difference is very noticeable. They are both good consoles so I would say you should get whichever one more of your friends have. Phone Post 3.0

" I have yet to play a multiplatform game in which the difference is very noticeable. They are both good consoles so I would say you should get whichever one more of your friends have. Phone Post 3.0 "<br /><br />

That's a very good point about theoretical vs actual. I have watched some videos of ps4 and xbone side by side and they looked very close, in fact in some I though the xbox looked better. I have no friends so I will either play with OG'rs or solo. <br /><br />Gerb, still waiting on your opinion. I know you follow this debate closely lol.

Witcher 3 runs just fine for me on the X1. Honestly its all about personal preference. To me the choice between console boils down to

1) Friends and what system they primarily play on
2) Exclusives and if they mean much to you

Number 1 isn't a big deal to you it seems, and we've got OG'rs on both systems. If number 2 pushes you one way or the other, then thats your choice. Outside of that, just get whichever one is a better deal. Unless you're an extreme videophile you probably won't notice much difference when playing unless you are specifically looking for it.

Thanks fellas, does anyone know if one is a better Blu-ray player or better for video streaming like Netflix or Amazon Prime. Honestly that will be its main use.

Ryazzo - Thanks fellas, does anyone know if one is a better Blu-ray player or better for video streaming like Netflix or Amazon Prime. Honestly that will be its main use.
Not sure what it's like now but Netflix and Prime were better on Playstation. MS may have fixed the apps though since it's been a while since I've heard anything about it. Phone Post 3.0