Xbox question - S or X?

I have never in my life owned a gaming console. I've always been a PC gamer. My current PC is a few generations old and will no longer run current games. I've kicked around the idea of getting a new gaming PC, but I'm thinking I might get an Xbone instead.

I can get an S Ultimate Halo Bundle, 500 GB and with all five Halo games. Then I'd have money left over to get Fallout 3-New Vegas-4. But I'm wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot by not biting the bullet and getting a 1 TB X with the better graphics chip.

Thoughts?

What is the price difference of the 2? If you haven't had a system in a long time the s will be fine for you but if the price difference is like 50 or 100 bucks I would go with the x personally. 

Xbone S 500 GB Ultimate Halo Bundle $295

Xbone X 1TB with controller & fuck all else $495

https://www.dell.com/en-us/member/shop/accessories/apd/aa066806?prg=1&VEN1=12578053-1225267-a5fdf3b235c811e8ab26363f2c00ba5d0INT&AID=1225267&dgc=CJ&DGSeg=DHS&cid=198375&lid=45846&acd=12309198375458460&VEN3=872703950925013320

Xbox one X

Controller

PubG

$100 gift card for Dell (can use for games or another controller)

$499

What sort of display are you playing on? 4K or standard HD - if it’s 4K then how good of a 4K display are we talking?

You won’t shoot yourself in the foot for not buying the X - but it is a nice kit. Generally a waste if you’re not using it on a 4K TV though.

X

Unless you have a 4k tv, I don't think you will really get the full potential of the X to make it worth the extra money. It may have other features that set it apart but I'm not sure. 

X

The S will do just fine for you and you get a lot more bang for your buck. So many good games out there you can use the extra scratch on. 

Also check Slickdeals. No way would I buy an S for more than $200.

I was thinking i'd plug it into the computer monitor I'm looking at now. It has 2 HDMI in ports. No idea if it is 4k. Thanks for bringing that up, though. Good point.

I can get the X bundled with one game, but they aren't games I'm the least bit interested in - Minecraft, Madden, or Battleground.

phydeau - I was thinking i'd plug it into the computer monitor I'm looking at now. It has 2 HDMI in ports. No idea if it is 4k. Thanks for bringing that up, though. Good point.

Doubt your monitor is 4K just go into your display settings and check the resolution it probably 1080p.

ps4

I think I'm going with the Xbone S Halo bundle. Unless you guys can convince me otherwise I'm thinking 500GB will be fine.

You can always pick up an external hard drive later on. 

Crowley -

Will need either that or delete the games you aren't currently playing. 500gb goes fast with the size of games now.

CloudStrife -
Crowley -

Will need either that or delete the games you aren't currently playing. 500gb goes fast with the size of games now.

500gb may not be enough for you. I bought a 2 tb external hard drive with mine for like 60 bucks. Have over 30 games installed and still have tons of room.

500 gb goes fast.  The good AAA games chunk 50 gb at a time. 

X

Buy the S and you will kick yourself in a year from now.