XFC. . wtf

Soldier, i thought i saw earlier on this year in another thread after Justin was talking smack about everyone a few guys he thought were his friends and have fought on his cards before say take me off the XFC data base as i want nothing to do with your or your promotions. And this was from a few very very level headed guys.

So the facts are based on this Justin is hurting MMA.

Soldier,

we as the fans expect and demand respectable promoters. Not marketing wankers who think that they can bullsh$t their way to the top of the tree.

If this sport is to ever be mainstream, we need solid people behind the scenes making it work. At the moment it shouldn't be about who has the biggest piece of the pie, it should be about making the pie bigger.

And by XFC trying to bullsh*t the people who are not involved in mma with rants like it has done, does not make for a solid foundation. Those people who are not in the know and grow to love mma will become informed fans, and these fans will then see some of the pathetic attempts XFC has been responsible for. This is not what we need.

As mentioned above, by alienating half the mma fans and some very respectable fighters, they are taking the fast, cheap, easy and stupid path. I hope for all involved, some class, respect and truth comes from all of this

Cam

Wasn't that the imped Justin?

Anyway Keats I think promoting one of the biggest MMA shows in Aus outways in terms of contribution 2 the sport offending a few fighters. If offending fighters on the internet was harmful for the sport the UG would have killed MMA at least 2 yrs ago.

I would hope XFC was one of the biggest shows in Australia as what i know there are only about 4 different shows. But most seem to agree that Elvis, Perosh, Haseman and Bonello are proberly the 4 biggest MMA fighters in Australia at the moment but 3 out of the 4 seem to not fight on XFC shows!

Sub i dont give a flying fuck about which fighters a promotor upsets (no disrespect to any of the fighters), i know one MMA fight in Gerald and thats it. The point is most of us are fans on here not fighters and its the fans that are sick of the crap that goes on with the particular promotor not the fighters! So its the fans that are getting offended by Justins and XFC Bullshit so is that good for MMA?
On top of that top fighter seem to refuse to fight on XFC and have distanced themselves from it and Shooto Australia made a official statement on here that Justin had nothing to do with them either after he was claiming to be working out fighters for that event, top active fighters have made coments about wanting to be taken off XFC data base and if you look on here fans are sick of the crap...Sounds like alls going well at XFC!!! :I

I don't think it is right for a promotor to be openly biased towards fighters, like Justin has been. Maybe Anthony Perosh doesn't want to be part of XFC because of what was said about Machados, which in my opinion is fair enough reason not to fight. I am sure Anthony is not affraid of Bonello. And Justin say what you want about the draw Anthony got in the 8 man, but it is still no easy task to win three fights in one night with no prior MMA ring experience.

Its funny because allot of ppl I know don't share any of these views re Justin. It's allot easier to rag someone you don't know. You cnat judge a person as a person on what you read on a screen or in a context such as promoting.

The thing is. XFC will continue to grow regardless of what ppl on here think. I'm sure not many ppl boycotted the event last time because it was practically sold out.

TTT for Aussie mma. All you ppl are doing by raging the shows is hindering mma's success here in oz. keep your views re a promoter but don't let the show and the fighters exposure, paycheques and glory (?) suffer because of your hate.

I'm supporting Spartan and xfc in hope that mma will flourish in this country, and I guess that's what a good mma fan is supposed to do?

So steveoco its ok for the Justin to rage fighters but not ok for the public to rage the guy who is raging the fighters. Thats fucked!

I agree with you steveoco that people raging shows doesn't help MMA in Australia, but i think you would also have to agree that a promotor raging fighters isn't helping MMA in Australia so i guess (so that your fair) we are all waiting for you to give this leature to Justin as well on here.

Well Keats I see what Justin is doing overall for oz mma and I can say that it's VERY positive. I didn't know fighters got raged? Or raged or whatever over the comments. I was under the impression that Justin contacts them personally not just posts on a forum like allot of ppl.

I think until ppl start doing their part for oz mma they can judge someone as passionate as Justin but just because he might be a bad his show is far from. PPl forget there is another side to the xfc . Joe Sita who is one of the coolest guys i have met and im sure anyone involved in the show will agree. He is so enthusiastic and devoted to this show.

Support the shows even if you hate the promoters because in the end they are the ones doing it for us the fans.

Anthony Perosh is an absolute talent and champion, respectful to all he encounters. Considering his proven performance in BJJ, ADCC and now MMA, I seriously doubt he is afraid of anyone on the planet? He must have his reasons to refuse a match with Bonnello, I daresay fear isn't one of them.

I disagree with Justin's marketing strategy at times and this is one of them.

However, it's a free country, he can say what he wants, as we can voice our rejections also.

Time will tell if he falls by the wayside or not.

Justin has been in the MMA game longer than probably everyone here on the forum, myself included. While this doesn't give him licence to denigrate ANY fighters, he knows a lot more about what it will take to help Tony (or anyone else) get to the top level shows. If slanderous personal attacks on credible fighters are part of plan then we will have to see if it gets the desired result?

Worked for Mundine.

$0.02

Gerald.

PS. Despite our differences on and off the forum, I still have a good relationship with Justin and this isn't meant to be any kind of attack toward him, just my honest opinion on Perosh vs Bonnello is all.

"Worked for Mundine" you right G if getting the title of being the second best in the WBA Supermiddle was all they were aiming for it has worked.
Green also at the moment has the title of being the 2nd best Supermiddle in the WBC. Now which marketing has worked, Mundine no doubt has earned more money. Green has no doubt earned more respect and support of the Australian people.

Which marketing has worked???

Steveoco you say Justin is only one part of XFC and there are other top people behind XFC. you are proberly right but in business one bad partner fucks a business. If Skase (if he was still alive) was in business with Pratt, Murdoch or Packer would you buy shares in their business? Proberly not, if Joe and Justin are in business would i fight or come to watch one of their shows, proberly not, my opinion and right!

Another example of professionalism not in action.

Elvis

Also substeve, this is not the USA where there are proberly heaps of fighters. Look at a few of the fighters Justin has ofended (which doesn't seem to matter to you) and you might just see that these few fighters that don't seem to matter train many of the other fighters! Now does it matter if you offened a few fighters?

Keats take a deep breath and count 2 ten buddy. Also PLease point out 2 me how you came 2 the conclusion that offending fighters doesn't matter 2 me?
Surely it wasnt from the post where I said that promoting a show is more important then not offending some fighters.

Also please name all these fighters that have been offended. I know G asked to be taken off the XFC site. I also remember him saying he over-reacted and asking 2 be left on it a few days later. Elvis was offended 2 I guess but he hasn't fought in Aus 4 about 5 years so who knows if he would have excepted the fight with Bonello even without all the BS.

Good stuff, rza. :)

dub dub dub dot ex ef see dot com dot au

otherwise

www.xfc.com.au

*bored

Sub i'm sure you know what other fighters he has offened. you have read the posts the same as i have and unlike Justin i'm not going to speak on the behalf of other people!

Re read other posts and you will find fighters, promotors, a faction of BJJ and trainers all distancing themselves from Justin (a promotor of XFC) so please explain how this helps the sport?
I know in life your not going to make everyone happy and that you will piss a few people off along the way but to piss people off (people who i and others think count) the way Justin does does not help XFC or MMA in this country.

but seriously keats untill you do something for aus mma that even comes close to what justin has accomplished i dont think you have the right to judge.

it takes alot more than sitting at a screen typing to do your part. get out there man.

things are just so negative.

turn that frown upsie down and use your posting time to be more productive?

anyways its nuthing personal because i belive forums are the worst things to take personal. you dont win a real life argument printing out forum posts lol..or do you?

Justin really needs to differentiate between
reporting fact and editorializing.

Commentary/speculation is fine, but it must be
kept seperate from a reporting of the facts.

Unless Mr Perosh specifically stated that he was
fearful of Bonello, Justin's comments (assuming
that the was the author) could possibly be
regarded as libellous, and could expose him to
civil remedy, if it could be proven that he has
suffered a detriment related to the article... A
hypothetical scenario could be that Mr Perosh is
unable to secure a contract to fight due to adverse
reaction to the XFC "news" article.

Especially since the above comment was posted
on a "news" page, which generally concerns itself
with the accurate reporting of, and representation
of facts or factual events.

Comments like those contained in the article
should be posted in a "Opinion, Speculation or
Supposition Page"..... where a free and frank
expression of opinion can be made freely without
confusing it with the facts.

Someone with some marketing experience should
really help out the XFC crowd - they appear to be
continually putting their foot in it and alienating their
own fanbase...

*edited to tidy up my erratic typing and alzheimers
thought process. :0)

Nicely put Mr Sleaze

well after readin the xfc news which has some pretty koool news. it looks like xfc is here to stay and bringing overseas fighters seems to be a reality.

next is fighting mansur heaieieia whatever and danny higgins is fighting forest griffin. this is gonna be kool shit.

tony will be fighting at xfc4 too so i guess this will be a tuff test for anyone on the night