XKK Chicago Sept 30

XKK always put on awesome shows. Glad to see them make it to Chicago!!

Nick can you call me when you get a chance. Also, when you call, tell me what you are wearing and be honest.

Thompson

The scary thing about going downtown in my opinion is the IDPR (athletic commission) is soo close and maybe they don't drive to the shows and go out of their way, but if they have nothing better to do, they may try to step on our toes. Boxing promoters can't do shows until the dates are approved by the IDPR and if they are busy with another event on one weekend, they don't allow another one. right now, allthough we have the O.K. to do shows, it is still under the radar in a sense that we can't make "noise" about a show. We can't "hype" them as Professional or they won't allow it. The I.D.P.R. have 100% control of what happens. Truthfully, they don't really care what happens in southern IL or in the suburbs as much as on their city block a stones throw away. We have discussed doing a big show downtown many times too, but Combat-Do Challenge is doing more that area and shirmer is doing great with it, so If it ain't broke, don't fix it type mentallity.
Anyhow, Nick from XKK just called me too and we are all on the same page. ttt for midwest mma
big frog

Jaydub,

Back in the day, I worked for John Worley owner of the National Karate School chain. Every year, he and a few other prominent School owner/tournament promoters, would hash out a schedule for their various events. I didn't agree with everything Mr. Worley did, but I have always had a ton of respect for him as a person and especially a businessman.

it's like the pie analogy, you can either go elsewhere and try to get a whole pie. Or you can try to get everyone the biggest piece they can. If mutiple promotors throw events too close together, some people will only go to one show. If they work together, those customers may attend both shows.

It's a tightrope act, but if you're go at it......

ttt

Jeff that makes sense about having event right in the city. Guess I never thought about it like. One thing I do know is I would bring alot more fans in. I have quite a few friends have have seen UFCs and would like to see a local event but as soon as I say we have to drive somewhere out of the city, every backs out. oh well hopefully one of these days it will happen.

cheers,

jj

It will happen, it will be a good thing when it does...for everyone!
ttt

When MMA hits downtown Chi-Town, its going to be fucking great

TBidness

Why won't Nick call me...the emotional trauma hurts.

ttt

ttt

ttt

Pick up the phone.....

You are not a big deal Nick "bah bah bah" Thompson. You smell more like a goat so at least the name is fitting. People named Nick are just bitter lil boys who got called " Nick, Nick you suck dick" by all the other lil boys.

DM fite girl... will you be on the card? Did they find a cripple, retarded girl who would fight you for 50 bucks. She would probably whoop your ass.

You lame asses couldn't hold my cock

BGG

could i suck it?

P.S.- I am kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogoney.

I guess it is hard for us old timers to under stand the internet babys. All we did was train and compete. No mud slinging or bitching on the keyboard. We settled it in the ring and then everybody was friends again. I say we all quit the winning and not take everything so personal. Lets take this negitive energy and use it towards pushing this sport to the next level. Then the fighters can start making the pay days they deserve.

"I say we all quit the winning and not take everything so personal."

I don't understand why we should quit winning. How does losing get us better pay days?

My post was for all of the underground and other medias. Not towards anyone team or person.
Sad but true losing is part of the game in sports and business.

too bad you can't actually read any of those books Thompson!

I'm working on the not reading thing. I think by within the next five years I may have that problem licked.