Xray check at airport bad?

Is that machine you go thru for security check bad for you? I notice they give you a pat down option, I feel that when options like this are available those machines cant be that good for you Phone Post 3.0

When options like this are available always second guess the gubmint. Those machines were appropriated originally from a company who was owned by a congressman who mandated they be used at every airport. Take it for what it's worth but I get enough radiation from the sun and if given the choice always opt for the pat down. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure exactly how much radiation it gives but I do know that when you fly you get cosmic radiation which can equal to the same amount of radiation you get for a chest X-ray depending on how long you are flying. Phone Post 3.0

All I know is when I get my teeth X rated the hygienist covers my with a lead apron. Yet they want me to trust these HS drop out tsa agents to run a full body X Ray? Phone Post 3.0

sewich - All I know is when I get my teeth X rated the hygienist covers my with a lead apron. Yet they want me to trust these HS drop out tsa agents to run a full body X Ray? Phone Post 3.0

Covers you and then darts out of the room.

That brief moment before she pulls the trigger is always a bit odd. Thinking "Is this going to give me cancer? Should I just let the tooth fall out?"

you absorb 10x the amount of radiation one scan gives you just going about your day. A chest x-ray is 100x as much as an airport scanner. wouldn't worry about it.

ptper - 
sewich - All I know is when I get my teeth X rated the hygienist covers my with a lead apron. Yet they want me to trust these HS drop out tsa agents to run a full body X Ray? Phone Post 3.0

That brief moment before she pulls the trigger is always a bit odd. Thinking "Is this going to give me cancer? Should I just let the tooth fall out?"

Medical x-rays are much more powerful. They are designed to penetrate clothing, skin, tissue and organs. As mentioned above, a chest x-ray will have 100x the power of a airport x-ray scanner as airport ones are only designed to penetrate clothing.

The x-ray tech leaves the room as a human should only absorb a certain amount of radiation a year. For a person who's job it is to do x-rays every single day, obviously they need to stay away from the x-ray itself or they will be getting dosed everyday, which wouldn't be good.

Just flying alone is really bad in terms of radiation. Phone Post 3.0

You just don't want dozens of strangers to see your tiny wang up on a TV screen

gord96 - you absorb 10x the amount of radiation one scan gives you just going about your day. A chest x-ray is 100x as much as an airport scanner. wouldn't worry about it.
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. That is all. Phone Post 3.0

gord96 -
ptper - 

Medical x-rays are much more powerful. They are designed to penetrate clothing, skin, tissue and organs. As mentioned above, a chest x-ray will have 100x the power of a airport x-ray scanner as airport ones are only designed to penetrate clothing.

The x-ray tech leaves the room as a human should only absorb a certain amount of radiation a year. For a person who's job it is to do x-rays every single day, obviously they need to stay away from the x-ray itself or they will be getting dosed everyday, which wouldn't be good.
You and this 100x talk. You seem to really believe that. It's cute. Phone Post 3.0

If I notice a hot chick doing the pat down option I'll go for that! Phone Post 3.0

OCMikey - 
gord96 - you absorb 10x the amount of radiation one scan gives you just going about your day. A chest x-ray is 100x as much as an airport scanner. wouldn't worry about it.

Fair enough. :D

OCMikey -
So what are the doses then? Phone Post 3.0

edit

gord96 -
OCMikey - 

You're correct about it not being a concern though. Airport scanners have very little radiation.

VU. I'm just in a cunty mood. Phone Post 3.0

BaldTony -
OCMikey -
So what are the doses then? Phone Post 3.0
Not enough to worry about kiddo Phone Post 3.0

If just 5% of people would request a pat down we could shut down this bullshit security we deal with that fails whenever tested. Phone Post 3.0

OCMikey - 
gord96 -
OCMikey - 

You're correct about it not being a concern though. Airport scanners have very little radiation.

VU. I'm just in a cunty mood. Phone Post 3.0

no worries. thanks for the VU old chap!