Y are people sooo confident in Dos santos. . . . .

KOing CRO COP??? You do know Mirko has WAYYYY more KOs, Way more standup experience and is a Way more decorated striker. He is a WORLD Class kickboxer? Ever hear of K1??

Yeah but this isnt your daddys crop cop

or your mamas dos santos for that matter

Keh932 - KOing CRO COP??? You do know Mirko has WAYYYY more KOs, Way more standup experience and is a Way more decorated striker. He is a WORLD Class kickboxer? Ever hear of K1??

Ever hear of Gonzaga?

newbyfan -  Yeah but this isnt your daddys crop cop

Plus I want a window seat on the bandwagon. Get on while the gettin is good

Why are you so confident in Mirko?

Truth is im not overly confident in Crocop, but I don't get y anyone would assume he doesnt have the standup advantage

MW - 

Atleast yer honest

Might be cause of this

you could've fit "why" in the title if you'd left out the extra "o"s

ChokeEmOut -  Probably because Dos Santos has heavy hands and Mirko is not impossible to hit so that gives Dos Santos a big chance, we haven't seen alot of Dos Santos' tools yet. He might have decent wrestling and ground game?

He has a ground game. He is a purple belt under Big Nog.

It's not so much confidence in Dos Santos as it is not confident in Crocopper

with that said

WAR CROCOP'S LEFT LEG

I'll go ahead and copy/paste my post on another thread. This is why I believe Dos Santos has a major shot at winning.

Fedor showed everyone in their fight that if you push the action and don't let Mirko find his rhythm it gives him tons of problems. Mirko doesn't like being walked down and Dos Santos is going to do just that. Santos obviously has extremely vicious power in both of his hands and I don't think Mirko can handle Dos Santos' power. Mirko likes to counter, but him trying to counter someone like Santos is just going to end up in an exchange, and Mirko is not going to win the exchanges, I just don't see how he can. Mirko seems so lost in the octagon, he just plots around and doesn't do much. I'm a huge fan of Mirko but he hasn't been impressive against anyone in the octagon, he couldn't even finish Al Turk impressively when realistically he should destroyed him.

Dos Santos KO/TKO in the 1st.

is that the cemetary or the hospital?

StillNoTop10wins -  Gonzaga beat Cro Cop standing because he beat the hell out of him on the ground.  Cro Cop wasn't even seeing straight when it was back on the feet.  It definitely doesn't seem like a sound strategy to try to stand with Cro Cop.  That being said, if he keeps pressure on Cro Cop it can be done.  If he decides to hang back Cro Cop will pick him apart and knock him out.

Gonzaga beat his ass standing and on the ground. He worked him on the ground and out struck him on the feet. Mirko's only significant moment in that fight was a body kick. Gonzaga KO'd Mirko because he made him think he was going for a body kick when he was going for the head kick resulting in a KO. That says a lot about Gonzaga and Mirko when it is Gonzaga that KTFO a K1 kick boxer with a fucking head kick.

PLEASE!!! Im not knocking Gonzaga, He is a grea fighter, but do you really think he would stand a Fucking chance in a Kickboxing match!??

Keh932 - 
MW - 

Atleast yer honest

This was a joke. I'm a big Cro Cop fan but I like the way Dos Santos throws down. Im hoping Mirko pulls it off but like Rickstorm said it's more of a lack of confidence in Cro Cop than thinking Dos Santos is better.

I said in another thread that Cro Cop is going to lose, but I hope I'm wrong.

Because Dos Santos had Anderson to imitate CroCop while training.