Y No Big Show 4 Shaolin Ribeiro??

Could someone more savy than me explain why he's not in Pride or UFC?

And could he beat Gomi and/or Sherk for the title?

"why he's not in Pride or UFC?"

Because he is signed with K-1.

How long has he been signed w/ K-1? Cuz he's been fighting and winning since 2001.

Shaolin Signs with K1

Submitted by: Kid Peligro / Sr Editor

Posted On 12/16/2006

It was about time one of the World's biggest organizations stepped up and signed one of the best fighters in MMA. World Giant K1 did just that, as they've signed Vitor 'Shaolin' Ribeiro to a contract. Shaolin, with a record of 17-1 (12 submission and 1 TKO) has been undefeated in 2 years while compiling a 7 - 0 record during that period.

Ribeiro had been deserving of the hook up with a giant for some time but had a setback as last year he was ready to get into the Hero's Lightweight GP and an injury prevented him from competing. Now in 2007 look for Shaolin to shine in K1. When contacted an ecstatic 'Shaolin' stated: 'This is the reward for all my efforts and good results over the years. I am very happy because I was supposed to fight this year in Hero's but got injured, but now it is signed, sealed and delivered and in 2007 I am going to be a part of one of the largest events in the World, K1. My son is my good luck charm!'

Big congratulations to 'Shaolin' and K1 organization!

One of the most humble and modest fighters I have met.

He's been kind of inactive against the top LWs. if he continues this his rankings should drop.

Nevertheless I still have him as a top 5 LW.