Yamashta newaza (video)

Anyone wanna see Yamashita rolling at a training camp in Germany, circa 1987? No? You don't?

Ok, (sighs) Nevermind then.

Ah. I can't do that to you guys. It is an interesting clip with Yammy looking remarkably svelte for 1987.
I always playfully call him Yammy, as he is always calling me.......um......nothing....I...guess. scratches temple Anyway!

Note the nice sweep and juji on the giant Chinese judoka, by a much smaller player.
For future reference, You can't spell Yamashita in a thread title. I automatically assumed censorship. Just another way for 'THE MAN' to tryin keep me down.

bows head...raises fist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10jA-Ga8do

Can you imagine rolling with Yamashita and trying to turn him while he is turtled?

Ben

Thanks for this clip, very nice.

He does look smaller so I am guessing his randori partners must be massive!

Yammy's newaza: great hold downs (with, or without groin-grab)and a powerful and fast okuri eri jime.

How much does that Pan guy (China) weight? 300lbs?

Turtle9uard - thanx.

Ben said: "Can you imagine rolling with Yamashita and trying to turn him while he is turtled?"

He'd be like one of those massive sea-going loggerheads. Or at the very least, a giant fresh-water snapping turtle. Hmmmm?

notes that joke lost some of its comedic coefficient during the transition from inception to implimentation

That was the most turtled post I have ever been involved with.

LOL at Ashy. That's probably a pretty apt analogy.

Ben