Yamma Pit Fighting Surface (pics)

smegma

bad idea. mma is a sport but it's supposed to be an analog for real fighting, unless a fight breaks out on a mini nascar track I don't see how this is realistic.

My pit is 500 times better than that.

kneedy - bad idea. mma is a sport but it's supposed to be an analog for real fighting, unless a fight breaks out on a mini nascar track I don't see how this is realistic.

As opposed to all the fights that break out in cages and boxing rings in which there's a referee to reposition them if they get stuck in the corner or against the ropes? And all the "real fights" with standups and a list of rules and a judge's decision?

It's still a stupid idea because the kumite-ramp around the outside of the cage is going to change anything aside from the rate of ankle injuries and making sure fights are good and awkward at times.

I thought it would look more like the WCL surface.

It would be kinda cool to see Butterbean trip on the slope and break his ankle.

If it is Scott, it is "Nangle" & his company is "Freakstrong" Cages but from the Pics I'm not sure. ... Mark Matheny- UFC Reff

I could picture a fighter like Genki Sudo running around the cage like a motorcycle death ride and then jumping into a triangle. That would be sweet!

It is Scott Nangle I just spoke to him at an event a few Saturday's ago.

seems like a rim like that will make it easier to get someone to the ground but not to hold them there

"Actually his name is Scott NANGLE"

Actually it's Bo Jangle.

The advantage of this surface is that, between matches, you can have roller derby jams.

Here is a link to the first video of the Yamma cage:

windowsmedia.onthescene.com/isocial_2.wmv

pretty cool fighting cage

"mma is a sport but it's supposed to be an analog for real fighting"

please now a days MMA is a sport now like hockey or football... i sure as hell does NOT represnt what would happen in a real fight anymore ala old VT days

i like the lip ... keep that BS push against the fence and stall style in the middle

If they dont do stand ups theyd be perfect