YAMMA was terrible...But...

LOL....you're welcome....i felt much the same way.

I thought it was great! An 8 man tournament and legends matches. Good entertainment value IMO.

Hot Tomato - How about individual threads for each minute of every fight, where you fill everyone in on your opinion?

You know what, you got it. Just to make you happy, wait till next weekend during the UFC 83 card. I'm going to making you really happy.

Hot Tomato - How about individual threads for each minute of every fight, where you fill everyone in on your opinion?

LOL!!

Hot Tomato - How about individual threads for each minute of every fight, where you fill everyone in on your opinion?

LOL, ouch.

votes that post up

I ordered the event. Huge mistake, it was like watching our sport go back 10+ years. Out of shape unskilled fighters that looked horrible. I swear one guys footwork was so bad he was hopping around the ring.

I did like seeing Oleg back and get a win.

"I ordered the event."

You put your money where your mouth is and supported the sport. Hopefully, about 450K others did the same.

You can't totally rip Yamma for putting eight heavyweights in a tournament for one night and then publicly defend Elite XC shoving Kimbo into the main event position with about 2 minutes of career experience. Brigham, if the main event of Yamma was Kimbo vs. Butterbean you'd be on here defending it and talking about how well they were building Kimbo up.

The idea behind it was good...but it became a takedown contest due to the structure of the event. Sprawling on that surface is pretty much impossible. The short rounds just compounded it.

I really enjoyed it. The second it came on and I heard Beck's voice, it instantly threw me back into retro nostalgic euphoric state. Him and Blatnick were just fine, I really did't like Perreti and his smugness though. The ring announcer was the worst I have ever seen, made me cringe actually.

The superfights were fun, Smith and Oleg looked pretty damn good. They probably would have beat most in the tourny. The short rounds sucked but I understand they were at the mercy of the NJAC. It was a nice change of pace from the TUF era MMA, I look forward to their next show.

I watched it and paid for it.

It was, not so good.

But I did REALLY love seeing Oleg in there showing that he still has it for guys his age.

Its lame, but for me, that short little fight was worth the cash, but I am an old school fan. A few of the other fights were "ok".

New fans, will not allow for retro good tidings, when the rest of the show is look warm piss.

Oh and I thought the new surface added a bit of fun....

Lets see some lighter guys go nutty out there..

I don't even know if lighter guys could do anything. It seemed really soft and even a shove in the general direction of the lip seemed to take people off of their feet.

If anything, to keep fights moving, I'd rather see a harder/flat surface - sort of like a stiffer ring. A surface like this pretty much concedes everything to the ground game...which in this event was pretty much dominated by anyone who can hold the top position for more than 2 minutes at a time.

Is it true that they are using a moon bounce as the ring for the next event?

The Iwon Wingggggg!

Perretti kept on saying he hates the superman punch...apparently he didn't watch the UFN to see Houston get KO'd from one.

i'll wait for the supposed LHW tourney to happen before I rest my case on YAMMA

Yamma was terrible. I mean, I watched it for the nostalgia only. The announcers were ok. It was fun to see Pat Smith, Mark Kerr, Oleg T, Rico...but let's be real. The fights sucked and the level of MMA was bush league at best. And Scotty Ferrell was hilariously bad as a ring announcer! lol

ttt

I liked Yamma, like the comentating. John Peretti was pretty cool. They should keep him. I wish he went even more techniclal in his comentating.
I like the frying pan surface, I hope it does not cause injuries.