Yep, I'll pass on fighting another Korean War...

Not cuz of the fighting, cuz of the cold... Fuck this!!! We're setting up a TOC in below zero temps. This is the kind of cold you're afraid of going to sleep in cuz you might not wake up!

At least the trees aren't fucking exploding around you like in Bastogne!

Well yea, there's that I suppose...

The Frozen Chosin, Holmes.

Get some.

You're in luck, the Centurions have a tea brewing attachment!

OP, you will do your duty to Trump or die trying. If he tells you to jump, you say "how high?"

I'm in Korea, where you stationed at?

A war between the Koreas would boil down to one thing: who has the best jump spinning back kick.

I don't miss the winters at all. All you can eat beef 'n leaf at Dino Meats, fuck yeah.

Also, hurry the fuck up. That CPOF ain't gonna set itself up.

But they need another Korean war to reboot MASH

Chimonos Revenge - At least the trees aren't fucking exploding around you like in Bastogne!

My grandfather fought in Bastogne and Korea, and said Korea was hell. 

Im all for it if they can start up MASH again.

Buzzcut - I'm in Korea, where you stationed at?

Casey... But thankfully I'm only here as a rotational unit and I leaver in a couple months.

Darkane -
Chimonos Revenge - At least the trees aren't fucking exploding around you like in Bastogne!

That sums it up... Below zero temps in the winter followed by tsunamis season followed by horrendous humidity in the summer. Rinse and repeat.

10er 10ing - 

Check out "Chosin" if you can find it.  Excellent doc on the Korean War

www.imdb.com/title/tt1561406/

It's on either Netflix or Amazon for free, I watched it a few weeks ago. The Korean War is the one that most Americans know the least about, they should all watch that. Amazing footage.

I read a book about a Marine Reserve Company in Indiana that got activated (despite Marine Reservists at the time not attending Boot Camp) and sent to Korea. Most were high school age or just graduated, with some veterans from WWII. Most of them fought at the Chosin Reservoir, where about half the Marines were Reservists. (After WWII, as a budget-saving measure the Marines nearly got closed down and their members absorbed into the Army. As a compromise, putting much of its war-fighting manpower into (poorly trained) Reserve Companies around the U.S. was the only way the Marines could survive draw-down plans from Congress.

amadeus - 
Darkane -

That sums it up... Below zero temps in the winter followed by tsunamis season followed by horrendous humidity in the summer. Rinse and repeat.

Korea was probably the roughest place we have ever fought a war, with the possible exception of the Aleutians and Russia.

A good opportunity to reboot M*A*S*H.

Opps,,already posted..

The Stewed Owl -
amadeus - 
Darkane -

Korea was probably the roughest place we have ever fought a war, with the possible exception of the Aleutians and Russia.

I don't doubt it, and not cuz of the terrain... The climate conditions are just horrible!

The Canadians will handle it I guess.....

One of the recurrent complaints Korean War soldiers (including my dad) had were the cold weather "shoe pacs" that were big Mickey Mouse-style boots they issued the troops. They had a thick felt insert insole, and as your feet sweated, instead of wicking it away the felt would freeze into a solid block of ice, so you were basically walking on two ice cubes. You had to pull the inserts out and try to quickly melt them and dry them whenever you were near a fire.