YES no more soccer kicks or stomps

with pride going to ufc rules it gives mma a much better chance of being accepted by the general public.

soccer kicks and stomps to the head while an opponent is prone is not sport.

deal with it

plus we get elbows!!!!!

thats ashame

"with pride going to ufc rules it gives mma a much better chance of being accepted by the general public."

and why would any fan want his sport to change so that the "general public" accepts it?

soccer kicks and stomps are one of my favorite parts of mma :(

These changes are great news for the sport. Plus, Pride will be keeping the ring (good news for all of you cage haters).

tree hugging hippie alert

I can't wait until they're dancing instead of fighting. That will "give mma a much better chance of being accepted by the general public!"

"and why would any fan want his sport to change so that the "general public" accepts it?"

Because they deserve the success of plenty of hardwork being put in? I've got two mates that fight, and 2 more starting this year, of course I want to see them earn enough cash and support themselves - that happens through mainstream acceptance, access to sponsors etc.

Stomps and soccer kicks dont end fights, they end the careers of fighters that are already beaten.

aww pulsar you're such a humanitarian fight fan.

Damn straight. Why is everyone so NOW NOW NOW!? Like, 10 years and we've come SO FAR. Revel in the fucking glory man, this is fucking sick.

I'm the sort of person hearing two guys discussing MMA and just walk up and shake their hands. The other week, I even agreed with a TMAer about the effectiveness of his art, just because he knew about MMA..

I don't have this losing mentality that so many on here seem to have. This a great month in MMA history!

I'm also pretty far left, and a Cancerian - it's a horribly empathetic combo.

it's a horribly pathetic combo.

Yeah, maybe... I just can't be as hardcore a mofo as you man.. Sorry.

There may not be a whole lot of skill in throwing a soccer kick. How much skill does it take, however, to avoid one?

"Stomps and soccer kicks dont end fights, they end the careers of fighters that are already beaten"

Like who?

pulsar is right on!!!!

mma can be huge in 2-3 years and accepted

leave that vale tudo shit to the 3rd world

(ok that was harsh)

but i mean imagine WHEN (not if) the hbo deal goes thru.

mma is on fsn and sunshine and ion and mynetwork and spike and showtime!

it will be accepted and respected!

You guys that whine about soccer kicks being so easy a caveman could do it must think that if Fedor was on his back and two soccer players came up to him that they'd be able to beat his ass using this overpowered super move.

when we get the first death in mma (-d dedge)

it will be cus of kicks and stomps not elbows

"soccer kicks and stomps to the head while an opponent is prone is not sport."

I respectfully disagree. I consider MMA more of a combat sport with these strikes included. To each his own though. There are more of you than of me, thus the rules in place today...

"it will be cus of kicks and stomps not elbows"

No, it will most likely be because of a broken neck from big takedown. Let's get rid of takedowns before it's too late.

Ok, some melodramatics, but the point remains that soccer kicks only end fights when said fighter is pretty much done?

What fights have been ended by soccer kicks that weren't pretty much concluded already.

"but i mean imagine WHEN (not if) the hbo deal goes thru.

mma is on fsn and sunshine and ion and mynetwork and spike and showtime!

it will be accepted and respected!"

I do, and it excites me... What's the deal with trying to be all 'underground' and shit, it's so 80's.

I could care less about "sport". Why don't you go watch Abu Dhabi or golf or something. Maybe some tennis.

I like to see fights. Under these watered down "sport" rules Sakuraba may have beaten Vanderlei and we would all think Sak is the better fighter.