Yet another example of the feminization of men...

I'd never ever heard of the term 'manspreading', yet evidently the feminist's in their never-ending attempts to find new victimization are trying to make this a real thing...

Luckily at least half of the comments by women in the comment section think this article is stupid and rediculous, so there is hope...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/19/manspreaders-subway-video-gothamist_n_6354158.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

“Are you familiar with the term manspreading?"

Despite measures taken to raise awareness of "men taking up too much space on the subway," there are still many who aren't aware that "manspreading" is even a term. In their new video "Manspreading," the dedicated journalists at Gothamist confront men on New York City subways to ask if they've ever heard of "manspreading" and if they realize they're doing it. The results were a bit awkward.

Most of the men had no idea what manspreading was but, hearteningly, all were open to fixing it once they were educated on the phenomenon.

"Manspreading" by Gothamist

Manspreading has been discussed at length through projects like "Men Taking Up Too Much Space On The Train" and "Move The Fuck Over, Bro," prompting the MTA to launch a campaign encouraging courtesy on the subways.

To conclude their deep-dive into manspreading, Gothamist clarified the amount of lounging that's unacceptable when riding a subway: "If there's space enough for a litter of puppies or a celebrity selfie group shot, you are taking up too much space. Pull it in."

I assumed man spreading would be another word for pegging. Phone Post 3.0

Wat?

the only appropriate answer to 'Do you know what manspreading is?' would be 'Would you like me to teach you?'

Sounds like something Ricky Martin would put on toast.

This is manspreading apparently.

"Womaning"

Act of bitching about trivial shit. Phone Post 3.0

Eunuchorn - 

This is boyspreading, Bieberspreading at best.

Dr Gonzo -
Eunuchorn - 

This is boyspreading, Bieberspreading at best.
Lol Phone Post 3.0

If you take up too much space on public transportation you're a dick. Man or woman. Phone Post 3.0

years ago someone was putting up signs in the subway about dudes not taking up two sits by spreading their legs apart. it annoyed me at first, but it is good subway etiquette to be considerate of other riders. the term is stoooopid though.

women do the same thing with their bag sometimes. And frankly, i think that often when people are dong it its because they do not want someone to sit next to them, and they konw that some people would rather stand than have a small confrontation about it. I just say "excuse me" and stare until things are in order.

so anyway, does this mean that the OP is saying that being considerate of others is feminine?

Not so much feminisation of men as pussification of society in general. If someone is taking up two seats and it's a busy train grow some balls and ask them to move up so you can sit down. Phone Post 3.0

CauliflowerCouture - Not so much feminisation of men as pussification of society in general. If someone is taking up two seats and it's a busy train grow some balls and ask them to move up so you can sit down. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Common sense. Don't bitch about it. Sit the fuck down in the seat. Phone Post 3.0

i can understand why women are upset about this. spreading your legs is a petty, agrressive, macho thing low class guys do as a way of daring those around them to risk a confrontation by asking them to move. i've had many quiet leg pressure battles with insecure fellows who don't want to cede leg room they shouldn't have in the first place. while it is up to women to make men stop, let's not pretend that's the way it should be. the feminists have a point here, and it is a specifically male problem, not a people problem

So are we supposed to come up with passive/aggressive faggot terms for all the common inconsiderate crap women do in public? Like stopping with their shopping carts in the middle of the isle at Costco to have a conversation or zone out on something, just ask/tell people to move & hopefully it will bring to their attention just how rude they are being.

This indirect way of approaching problems is annoying as hell.

Eunuchorn -

Feminists, give the poor fucker a break, hes a goddamn bean pole Phone Post 3.0

Ippwnage -
Eunuchorn - 

bryan singer just got a boner
Hi Brian! Phone Post 3.0

It's a victim thing. If men had periods for example we would brag about how fucking macho and shit ours are. There would be magnum sized tampons and we'd talk about how epic the blood loss was.

Chicks would then complain about how we bragged about the periods. Phone Post 3.0