YETI Cups/Coolers

Are they as great as people say they are? I keep hearing about them and how they're worth ever penny of how damned expensive they are.

Convince me either way. Phone Post 3.0

You literally don't even need to put anything in them to be quenched of your thirst.

Shit's cray.

Cray as hell.

Almost exactly the same as the Yeti.  Under $10.

Ozark Trail

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708

You're welcome.

Bought a $500 cooler, saved $3 on ice over a weekend.

"It's totally worth it, bro!" Phone Post 3.0

My gf's company gave her a travel mug, it's hands down the best travel mug I've ever used.  Beverage was still HOT an hour in, and the mug was cool to the touch.

If you use coolers a lot I have to imagine it's worth it.

I have the Tundra 75 and the Hopper 30. Love them both. Use 75 while at campgrounds and hunting. Hopper is used for going to festivals and get togethers

Right Hand JO Power - Bought a $500 cooler, saved $3 on ice over a weekend.

"It's totally worth it, bro!" Phone Post 3.0

I don't think the idea is to pay for itself in saved ice. Sometimes ice is easily accessible so you need what you have to last for you. Also may just be paying for the convenience not to have worry about ice

If you need a cup that's stays cold for hours your drinking too slow. Phone Post 3.0

Coleman xtreme cooler will hold ice for five days or more and about 1/4 the price. Phone Post 3.0

I have a yeti cup i got for christmas last year.  It keeps my coffee warm for hours.  I filled my cup with ice and water and left it at work accidentally, came back 9 hours later and the ice was still there and the cup was bone dry.

What if I have an ice cold coca cola that I leave in a car sitting in the sun during summer, what will the temp of my drink be after 4 hours? Phone Post 3.0

Yeti vs. Ozark Trail...

$40 vs. $10.

TFK_Fanboy - 

I have a 50 and a roadie cooler. G/f has one of their cups

They are great coolers, high quality. And when they first came out they had very little competition. They are built tough and will last forever. Certainly not needed for everyone

But I would not buy another nor would I recommend anyone buy one. Main reason is now there are some really good options out there that are just as good for a lot less

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

I have used this cooler. It is exactly as good as yeti and it half the price. in fact it is better than yeti because you get more storage room

do not buy a yeti, but an rtic

This. There's much cheaper options for most people's general use.

I have an off-brand tumbler that my work made for me. It's not a yeti but it works the same as most tumblers. I usually put ice water in it at around 8 am and there will still be ice water in it when I get home at 5 pm.

As for the yeti cooler... every redneck will argue with me but I think they're overrated. I literally just bought a 30 dollar cooler from Walmart for a party I had last weekend. I put ice in it Friday afternoon, there was still ice in it Monday morning. Plenty good for me, saved a couple hundred dollars by not buying yeti brand. Phone Post 3.0

lionsoul - 

Almost exactly the same as the Yeti.  Under $10.

Ozark Trail

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708

You're welcome.

sucks cause the demand is so high amazon sells them for almost triple and Walmart's always out

I work in the sun then come back from work and use a cooler for my afternoon beers. I could definitely use one but its not a must.

How much are ice machines?

Those high end coolers are for people going out on boats or camping for days. Most of us will never need that much cooler.

lionsoul -

Yeti vs. Ozark Trail...

$40 vs. $10.

Fuck.

I love the shit out of my Yeti because I'm a fiend for cold beverages but this seems pretty indisputable.

Did not know there was a 30$ cheaper option. Phone Post 3.0

LiveWire - What if I have an ice cold coca cola that I leave in a car sitting in the sun during summer, what will the temp of my drink be after 4 hours? Phone Post 3.0

Probably frozen into a solid block of coke ice by that time.