Yo Josh: Stork Arriving?

One thing that happens to babies nowadays is they get a flat head in the back from sleeping on their back. Sleeping on the back avoids SIDS, but flattens the head. Sky has a flat head in the back, plus he slept a lot with his head turned to the left (all babies apparently have a preference), so his head is kind of flatter on that side. Make sure the kid doesn't do that.

BTW, Sky's head is evening out now that we always put interesting stuff to his right now!

Ben R.

Ben,

funny thing about that.

My son was a very big, healthy boy. born 9lbs. 2 oz.

but he wouldn't sleep much at all and the first month was hell.

Took him to the Doctor.

Doctor said "how about putting him on his stomach to sleep?" We immediately replied "isn't that a no-no, SIDS etc.?"

He laughed and said "Look at this kid's neck! he's a monster! Do you really think that if he's having trouble. he's not going to move around and get comfortable?"

Let him sleep on his stomach that night.

Perfect 8 hrs sleep.

and it's been so ever since.

sometimes us new parents can be over protective.. these little ones instincts are better than we give them credit for.

Josh..congrats. Make sure you get the oshime-o-kairu-waza master class tapes.

(oshime-o-kairu = diaper change in japanese)

Seriously, my younger boy is 3 and i have to literally put him in reverse kesa to put his diaper on for the night. He's got some amazing escapes.

Tomas

lmao! so true! my boy is also 3. (born in Aug of 2000)

There is nothing quite like the experience of another human being peeing in your face and laughing about it..

from that moment on I learned a lesson. - fresh diaper covers the fire hose while changing..

lol

lmao.. if i have a boy im getting one of those pee-shields. you have to reach around the shield in order to change the guy and it has an angle and top-cover to protect you from dangerous liquid projections.

"if i have a boy im getting one of those pee-shields"

wimp!..my girl could squirt more than any boy...no shield for me. I wore that like a badge of courage..lol

this incident just came to mind.. lol you'll love this one.

So my son was less than a year old and I had just fed him about 30 minutes ago. He was all giggly and smiley and very silly. I'm lying with my back on the floor and I'm holding him with my arms extended above my face. "airplane" style.

He spits up the entire bottle of milk, now very warm and somewhat curdled.. Rather than freak out and drop the baby, I retained my composure and make sure he's done before I put him down. At this point I couldn't even see as I had partially digested milk all over my eyes, face, inside my mouth, nose and hair.

oh the smell.... *gag*

babies. nothing like 'em..

Wait until they start trying the osaekomi and shimewaza. My 6-year-old (84 lbs) and my 2-year-old (45 lbs , he'll be 3 in 2 wks) jump me every chance they get, trying to make me tap. I haven't....yet. I figure I got about 5-10 years of dominance left.......

Hey BIC, my wife is an MD so we could forget about the sleeping on the stomach thing. In any case, Sky doesn't have a neck like a bull! Part of the problem was the very thin pad in his cradle. He prefers a regular mattress now (having been on a trip for 3 weeks, he had his own king sized bed!). We have a crib with a very nice mattress (bette than our futon for sure).

Ben R.

Congrats Josh - my little girl means the world to me. Good luck!

guys, thanks for the well-wishes and of-so-colorful tales of the vile things your babies haved one to you...=)

Nelson, yes, im getting the pee-shield. badge of courage or not. =)

BiC, now i truly have something to look forward to-- thanks. lmao.

Joe, long time no talk. i hope all is well with you. for those of you who dont know joe-- if you are interested in going to Athens, or any major sporting event worldwide, he is the man to see. he runs Targetsport.com and arranges travel and hotels and everything else in the world for specific events. his clientel includes diplomats, officials, athletes, and everything and everybody inbetween. there isnt anything he cant set-up. =)

thanks for the plug Joshua. :)

Best of luck with your new arrival. I thought about this thread when I was changing my 8 month old this morning. no incidents, glad to report.

My daughters have enhanced my life more than I can articulate with the written or spoken word.

joe, that wasnt a plug my friend-- it was the truth. you helped me out a lot last year and i really appreciate it. the very least i could do was tell others about the things you can do..

ill be honest, im afraid to have a girl. mainly becuase i have this intense fear of not knowing what to do at certain time during her life and ending-up wanting to kill some boy who comes over to the house...

i know it would all be worth it if i had a daughter, im just concerned about it... lol. boys are just easier becuase, well, i understand what a boy goes through... =)

i do think that having a girl would be a good thing for me though, it would sure teach me to calm down a lot... lol. =)

Best of luck with your new arrival Joshua!

My daughter is almost eleven now, been playing
judo and wrestling with me since she was six,
loves to try and make me tap (she has a wicked
rear choke!), and had been one of the biggest
highlights of my life.

Chuck

"i do think that having a girl would be a good thing for me though, it would sure teach me to calm down a lot"

Compadre..you don't know the half of it....there isn't a thing i haven't apologized to God and every woman i went out with for....people that know me say it's like turning Charles Manson into a buddhist....you know he'll kill ya' but now he's at peace with it....=)

...sounds about right. boy or girl, im eager to be a father. =)

Nelson, That is Zen!

B_I_C...i guess it is....=)