Yo Yo Ma The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Just heard some symphony with him playing it on a station. Not sure if it's the same version but if this doesn't move you idk what will. 

HNNNNNNNNGGGGG

Nobody likey?

GOAT western, IMO.

I have it in a DVD collection which has the 3 man with no name movies and then for some reason Hang Em High tacked on which makes no sense whatsoever.

3 Likes

Here's a better version I found of "ecstasy of gold." Shit is fire.

Great stuff

Tomato Can - GOAT western, IMO.

I have it in a DVD collection which has the 3 man with no name movies and then for some reason Hang Em High tacked on which makes no sense whatsoever.

I think I’m the only person person in the world who prefers a fistful of dollars to GB&U

Kid Salami -

I think I’m the only person person in the world who prefers a fistful of dollars to GB&U

Interesting you are the first I've heard who does. I'm curious why you prefer it?

I always go back and forth on which is my favorite The Good The Bad and The Ugly or Once Upon a Time In The West.

Next favorite is For a Few Dollars More. Lee Van Cleef is so good in it. The Morricone soundtracks to all these movies are as good as it gets.

1 Like

In for later 

I like Yo Yo Ma for his personality and educational fronts but don't care too much for his playing. Yes he is "world but I don't really enjoy his cello playing compared to others. Might be a little bit about his phrasing and rubato...but something about it just doesn't work for "me".

Still an amazing ambassador for music.

1 Like

MMApurist -
Kid Salami -

Interesting you are the first I've heard who does. I'm curious why you prefer it?

I always go back and forth on which is my favorite The Good The Bad and The Ugly or Once Upon a Time In The West.

Next favorite is For a Few Dollars More. Lee Van Cleef is so good in it. The Morricone soundtracks to all these movies are as good as it gets.

Yup.. I love the Eastwood series but Once Upon a Time is my #1

Something about Bronson and that harmonica 

Yo Yo Ma is so fat...

1 Like

jman -

I like Yo Yo Ma for his personality and educational fronts but don't care too much for his playing. Yes he is "world but I don't really enjoy his cello playing compared to others. Might be a little bit about his phrasing and rubato...but something about it just doesn't work for "me".

Still an amazing ambassador for music.

I was completely unfamiliar with his work until I heard a klassikal station playing scores from movies this AM and they mentioned him as the chellist when it was over. I'd heard his name many times growing up and of course on that Seinfeld episode Alto posted; but I never had any idea what kind of musician he actually was. This shit is my jam bro. Haha

I know I am a bear but this is my favorite movie

Kid Salami - 

Fistful is actually my least favorite in the trilogy just because Leone straight jacked Yojimbo and doesn't really improve on it in any way. Still pretty solid and entertaining but I prefer the other 2.

Yo Yo Ma's mother owns a yo-yo. It is Yo Yo Ma's mama's yo-yo.

Floppy Divac -

Here's a better version I found of "ecstasy of gold." Shit is fire.

this album is one of my all time favorites.   His renditions of Deborah's Song and Cockeye's Theme from OUATIA are legendary.