Yoga Advice Please

The wife and I decided to go out on the beach this morning for some sunrise yoga and meditation as part of our new years resolution. (I prefer yoga outside vs in a studio).

Anyways I hit my gandha bherundasana pose but then developed a ridiculous cramp in my gluteus medius. It hurt so bad I had to just hold happy baby pose for 5 minutes before I could continue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Don't do the gandha bherundasana pose ya nugget. 

pics of the hot yoga chicks at the beach? Rules Rules Rules!

Focus on not engaging your glutes fully when raising up initially from tabletop. Focus instead on engaging your internal thighs to maintain the hips neutral and also  on the power rising up via your feet

Straydog24 - 

Don't do the gandha bherundasana pose ya nugget. 

Then I will not be bendy.

And screw you and your warm beach weather.

- NY'er

ABCTT_SENNIN - 

Focus on not engaging your glutes fully when raising up initially from tabletop. Focus instead on engaging your internal thighs to maintain the hips neutral and also  on the power rising up via your feet

No offense, but I don't think you know much about my engaging glutes.

Al Cappucino - 

And screw you and your warm beach weather.

- NY'er

It was quite chilly, but my testosterone and new LuluLemon hoodie kept me toasty.

Also how can you call this pose gay?
https://steemit.com/yoga/@runridefly/yoga-master-yogi-boy-yoga-nidrasana-gandha-bherundasana-and-many-extremely-hard-yoga-poses

Teach us more about your glutes then. I am all ears.

Munk - The wife and I decided to go out on the beach this morning for some sunrise yoga and meditation as part of our new years resolution. (I prefer yoga outside vs in a studio).

Anyways I hit my gandha bherundasana pose but then developed a ridiculous cramp in my gluteus medius. It hurt so bad I had to just hold happy baby pose for 5 minutes before I could continue.

This is a great humble brag, I love it. 

Have you considered that it’s an environmental problem and not your yoga? I mean, I hope you’re not using a public beach. Comingling Commoners’ karma stream can really fuck up your chi, bro. 

LiveWire - 
Munk - The wife and I decided to go out on the beach this morning for some sunrise yoga and meditation as part of our new years resolution. (I prefer yoga outside vs in a studio).

Have you considered that it’s an environmental problem and not your yoga? I mean, I hope you’re not using a public beach. Comingling Commoners’ karma stream can really fuck up your chi, bro. 

I warmed up thoroughly before starting. A public beach? I don't want to sound snobbish...but gross...I mean seriously ewwww.

Munk -
LiveWire - 

I warmed up thoroughly before starting. A public beach? I don't want to sound snobbish...but gross...I mean seriously ewwww.

My man! Namaste!

ABCTT_SENNIN - 

Ok I took your advice and kept my hips neutral and it was much better.

I was so loose I was able to hit yoganidrasana with no stress...well until this idiot came down the beach with his dog and stared at my butt hole.

Munk -
ABCTT_SENNIN - 

Ok I took your advice and kept my hips neutral and it was much better.

I was so loose I was able to hit yoganidrasana with no stress...well until this idiot came down the beach with his dog and stared at my butt hole.

Very impressive! I cannot do that myself, but am working towards Supta Kurmasana