You can call Maynard vs. Guida a crappy fight, but

Guida will always have fanboys defend his lame fights antics (shoulder shrugs to win the fight vs pettis anyone?) The fanboys won't matter though if he does this again and dfw sends him packing. Phone Post

TheBoognish -  Guida will always have fanboys defend his lame fights antics (shoulder shrugs to win the fight vs pettis anyone?) The fanboys won't matter though if he does this again and dfw sends him packing. Phone Post

They are going to give him another Shannon Gugerty or Jess Liaudin type on the prelims of his next show and Guida will look good in beating another non-threat (as Guida always does) and the Guida-fanboys will declare he's exciting again and talk about the "haters".  Then Guida will get matched against another threatening-elite fighter and stink the joint up again.  Diaz, Pettis, Maynard...Guida does not come to fight against elite competition.

I give huge props to Maynard for that ploy. He left his arms down and just screamed at him until Guida finally engaged.

I also thank goodness he won.

If people said later that that was the reason Maynard lost and how stupid he was on here, I wouldn't want to live on this planet anymore.

Drop a couple facts on the fight and poof people vanish!!!! lol

Randy Bloom - Elias Cepeda, its about the same mentality that people see when Ali did the rode a dope, the ref was wrong to say anything to Guida, side to side is ok, Guida won the fight.
Yeah, even if you scored it for Gray, saying Clay went backwards just reveals ignorance. He went side to side and cut angles all fight long. And yeah, we can just add this to the referee's long list of poor work

jjj2121 - 
TheBoognish -  Guida will always have fanboys defend his lame fights antics (shoulder shrugs to win the fight vs pettis anyone?) The fanboys won't matter though if he does this again and dfw sends him packing. Phone Post

They are going to give him another Shannon Gugerty or Jess Liaudin type on the prelims of his next show and Guida will look good in beating another non-threat (as Guida always does) and the Guida-fanboys will declare he's exciting again and talk about the "haters".  Then Guida will get matched against another threatening-elite fighter and stink the joint up again.  Diaz, Pettis, Maynard...Guida does not come to fight against elite competition.

He used to...and he would always lose. Deigo, Kenny, etc.

Strike and Bike is his apparent solution to that against top fighters, or Clay N Pray if they happen to be weaker wrestlers (like Pettis was)

Chimonos Revenge - 
jjj2121 - 

He used to...and he would always lose. Deigo, Kenny, etc.

Strike and Bike is his apparent solution to that against top fighters, or Clay N Pray if they happen to be weaker wrestlers (like Pettis was)

Diego isn't an A level fighter even at LW IMO.

Your second sentence fits my opinion to a T.  He's going to run and bob around against elite fighters doing absolutely nothing, unless he can outwrestle a dynamic fighter like Diaz or Pettis and simply pin them down.

RyannVonDoom - 
Elias Cepeda - Fans who are not drunk and understand fighting can appreciate a huge underdog somehow managing to pull off victory the only way he could (and then, unfortunately, getting robbed). Maynard got close to finishing the fight in the 4th with the choke, they had back and forth taunting, Clay hurt Gray badly with all of his three head kicks, and especially the last one that had two follow up punches that continued to rock him. 

Very good fight.

Lol at this.. 25 minute fight with about 3 minutes of actual fight in it.. Christ Elias, cant go against your zuffa puppet masters huh? Even dana admitted it was a shit fight. Phone Post
You're right, whoever you are: I'm just toeing the Zuffa line by disagreeing vehemently with its President...

Elias Cepeda - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Elias Cepeda - Fans who are not drunk and understand fighting can appreciate a huge underdog somehow managing to pull off victory the only way he could (and then, unfortunately, getting robbed). Maynard got close to finishing the fight in the 4th with the choke, they had back and forth taunting, Clay hurt Gray badly with all of his three head kicks, and especially the last one that had two follow up punches that continued to rock him. 

Very good fight.

Lol at this.. 25 minute fight with about 3 minutes of actual fight in it.. Christ Elias, cant go against your zuffa puppet masters huh? Even dana admitted it was a shit fight. Phone Post
You're right, whoever you are: I'm just toeing the Zuffa line by disagreeing vehemently with its President...

No your toeing the Guida line since he's from your hometown.

That performance was dogshit.  Guida is a popular fighter (why I will never understand) and that NASCAR race circle performance is being knocked by pretty much everyone.

That everyone is doing it, matters to me not at all, anonymous internet commentor 

You are pretty clearly a bright guy, it is unfortunate you let your biases shape your opinions and argue around logic and what your eyes tell you.

Anderson Silva is my favorite fighter, I offer no rebuttal for those that criticize his performance at UFC 97 or especially UFC 112.  It was complete horseshit what he did and embarrassing.  I feel the same about Clay Guida's performance last night.  To call what he was doing "cutting off angles" is flat out ridiculous.  Complete nonsense and anyone who has boxed/kickboxed would laugh at that notion.

If you could discuss without the subtle passive-aggressive insults...I'd be most appreciative.

jjj2121 -  You are pretty clearly a bright guy, it is unfortunate you let your biases shape your opinions and argue around logic and what your eyes tell you.

Anderson Silva is my favorite fighter, I offer no rebuttal for those that criticize his performance at UFC 97 or especially UFC 112.  It was complete horseshit what he did and embarrassing.  I feel the same about Clay Guida's performance last night.  To call what he was doing "cutting off angles" is flat out ridiculous.  Complete nonsense and anyone who has boxed/kickboxed would laugh at that notion.

If you could discuss without the subtle passive-aggressive insults...I'd be most appreciative.

Oh, you'd like to discuss things without insults? Interesting...

Listen, people have different opinions on things, that's the way the world is. 

Elias Cepeda - 
jjj2121 -  You are pretty clearly a bright guy, it is unfortunate you let your biases shape your opinions and argue around logic and what your eyes tell you.

Oh, you'd like to discuss things without insults? Interesting...

Listen, people have different opinions on things, that's the way the world is. 

I don't think I've insulted you here or on the Kizer thread.  I may think your position is ridiculous and call you on it, but personally insulting you?  I don't believe I have.

It is my opinion that you have a different opinion on this particular thing because the person being criticized is a hometown fighter for you.  I have a feeling you were a Guida fan long before last night.  Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Some shoulder strikes with bad intentions WERE thrown in round 4

Just sayin'

Elias Cepeda - Fans who are not drunk and understand fighting can appreciate a huge underdog somehow managing to pull off victory the only way he could (and then, unfortunately, getting robbed). Maynard got close to finishing the fight in the 4th with the choke, they had back and forth taunting, Clay hurt Gray badly with all of his three head kicks, and especially the last one that had two follow up punches that continued to rock him. 

Very good fight.<br type="_moz" />

This is elitist bullshit. People who know a lot more about fighting than you disagree. BTW, im sure you have seen the fightmetric report, so stop trying to brainwash people who haven't into thinking that Maynard was somehow outstruck the entire fight. To call this fight a robbery outs you as someone who doesn't know anything about fighting. It is one thing to call it a close fight and believe the wrong man won, but to call it a robbery is blatant bullshit..

And fans who understand fighting also understand that what Guida was doing was not in the spirit of what this sport has been built upon; and if this is what it becomes the sport will disappear very quickly.

Elias Cepeda - 
Randy Bloom - Elias Cepeda, its about the same mentality that people see when Ali did the rode a dope, the ref was wrong to say anything to Guida, side to side is ok, Guida won the fight.
Yeah, even if you scored it for Gray, saying Clay went backwards just reveals ignorance. He went side to side and cut angles all fight long. And yeah, we can just add this to the referee's long list of poor work

No dude. Guida didn't cut any angles, he jumped and sprinted around the perimeter of the fence for 3-4 rounds straight.

The only guy who was cutting angles was Maynard. By the 3rd round, Gray had pretty much cornered Guida against the fence and cut him off every time he tried to get to the center.

You can talk about Guida's fancy footwork, but it was Maynard's footwork which cornered Guida. He was switching from orthodox to southpaw every time Guida tried to change direction, it was his footwork that made Guida panic.

I know everybody bitches about Condit "running" from Diaz, but at least Condit would retake the center of the octagon after he circled out of Diaz's forward movement.Guida never took the center of the octagon at any point during the match, you can't win the criteria of octagon control with that tactic

When Dan Miragliotta warned Guida, it was after Guida had literally turned his back and sprinted away while Maynard was chasing as he was winging punches. That is worthy of a point deduction in my book

Very good fight.

Clays best chance to win was make it a dog fight and win with his cardio in the last 3 rounds. Not to decide not to do anything.

Never had a drop of alcohol in my life and rarely think a fight sucked. It did last night, though. Phone Post

Dollawaysdoodoobutter -  Bath salts

I've definitely blasted Condit for what he did in his fight with Diaz but this fight made Condit/Diaz look like Sanchez/Guida! At least people arguing for Condit have some valid points. What Guida did last night was an absolute joke and I simply can't fathom how anyone can defend it.

ufc98newb - 
Elias Cepeda - Fans who are not drunk and understand fighting can appreciate a huge underdog somehow managing to pull off victory the only way he could (and then, unfortunately, getting robbed). Maynard got close to finishing the fight in the 4th with the choke, they had back and forth taunting, Clay hurt Gray badly with all of his three head kicks, and especially the last one that had two follow up punches that continued to rock him. 

Very good fight.<br type="_moz" />

This is elitist bullshit. People who know a lot more about fighting than you disagree. BTW, im sure you have seen the fightmetric report, so stop trying to brainwash people who haven't into thinking that Maynard was somehow outstruck the entire fight. To call this fight a robbery outs you as someone who doesn't know anything about fighting. It is one thing to call it a close fight and believe the wrong man won, but to call it a robbery is blatant bullshit..

And fans who understand fighting also understand that what Guida was doing was not in the spirit of what this sport has been built upon; and if this is what it becomes the sport will disappear very quickly.

Bad decisions are more of a risk to the sport than fighters fighting smart. And what is elitist is talking about how fighters should put their bodies and minds on the line, simply to entertain you more or less, without understanding what it is to get hit in the head.