You can see a huge difference in Khabib/Islam

Khabib wouldn’t have been put in these “bad” positions at all. I feel like Khabibs pressure is also 10x what Islams is. But I will say, Islam can better pop in his punches!

Khabib would put a much more frantic pace / pressure on people. Islam seems more comfortable on the feet and has strong punches. They aren’t the same fighter but Islam is going to be hard to beat for most top 155er’s

3 Likes

Khabib would get the takedown and then maul people. Islam simply doesn’t do that.

Islam has a ton of potential, but at this moment, I don’t think he would have anything against Poirier, Gaethje, or Oliviera.

1 Like

The guy that beats Islam will need to be jacked and have insane cardio. Gleason wasn’t a very good fighter but gave Khabib his hardest fight

1 Like

But Islam KO’d Gleason in like a minute.

2 Likes

But thats the part I dont get. Why wouldnt he maul people like Khabib??? Im sure he has more or less the same grappling skills.

Islam seems like he may be an ok guy, unlike the humble terrorist sympathizer.

I think he has the skills to do it, but not the same killer instinct.
I’m not a Khabib fan, but when he wanted to finish a fight, he was tenacious.

at least Islam can throw a kick!
only time ive ever seen Fat-Head throw a kick was at weigh ins with Tony where he tried to kick his Interim belt off the stage, reminded me of that little midget dude

2 Likes

Islam is a fighter of peace.

1 Like

It’s almost like they’re 2 different people.

9 Likes

It’s pretty obvious. One is a terrifying, backward, violent, misogynistic, homophobic, death machine and the other is a world religion composed of camel riding pedophile worshippers.

2 Likes

Well, khabib is khabib and islam is islam, so, yeah, they’re different.

They’re both boring as fuck fighters and people. They are just like someone programmed robots to fight and gave them beards

1 Like

Islam called out Chandler. I’m cool with that fight. We’ve been waiting to see Islam against a top guy and it’s not like he’s some scrub. Throw him to the dogs and let’s see what he is really about finally.

1 Like

Hes funny as hell

He’s been asking to be thrown to the dogs for a while. The ufc and commentators probably aren’t making it up when they say everyone has turned him down. If they were lying people would calling him out saying they were never offered. Doesn’t seem to be the case.

I don’t doubt fighters are turning him down. He’s a scary fucking dude. He has that Dagestan wrestling with good submissions and great striking. Him vs Gregor G. was always a fight I wanted to see on his way up for some reason. The grappling transitions would be amazing.

All you need to see is Chandler’s reaction to Islam calling him out directly on-air to know guys are avoiding him…That was a definite “Tell me you don’t want that fight, without telling me” moment. He wants nothing to do with that fight. Understandably so, because it’s going to be a hard fight with a ton of risk and little perceived reward due to Islam’s current ranking. If I had to guess, RDA will likely be the one to answer the bell and fight him.

1 Like

Why can’t he just be a fighter with his own style instead of constantly being compared to Khabib? Islam is a great fighter, that much is clear. He isn’t super exciting but I do enjoy watching his dominance.

1 Like