You don't want a Brazilian nickname...

I have been thinking about some of the nicknames in our sport and I realized that many of the Brazilian nicknames (for both gringos and Brazilians) are not favorable or something you would necessarily want to be called in public. Other nicknames have funny stories behind them.

My first instructor nicknamed me Jesus. He had a Halloween tournament and I went as "The Dude (El Duderino,his dudeness, etc)" from "The Big Lebowski." I walked in the door and he yells "Hey it's Jesus!" I tried to explain but he wasn't having it. From then on, I was Jesus.

Here is a link to an article that list some of the more prominent nicknames in jiu jitus.

What funny or interesting nicknames have you guys heard? Any body have a funny story behind their nickname?

whoops….link:

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/a-guide-to-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-nicknames/

But now when you tap someone you can yell "Nobody fucks with the Jesus!"

How do you feel about Vitor Belfort thanking you after every win? Phone Post 3.0

ChimairaGT - But now when you tap someone you can yell "Nobody fucks with the Jesus!"

But when they tap you, they will say "Jesus didn't tap . . . did he?"

Lol my buddies nickname is "Cabeludo" translates to "hairy" hahaha Phone Post 3.0

nogidavid - 

a guy in the uk has the nickname estuprador, think one of the gracie barra guys gave it him after seeing him try to pass guard or something. it means rapist

Holy shit!!

lol!!

burro galo and proud of it - means work horse

Man, I've been trying to get "Vibora de noite" ("Night Viper") to stick for years.... Not working.

I get exhausted constantly reminding everyone to call me that. --I mean it's embroidered on my gi, how hard is it to remember..??

thebasher - burro galo and proud of it - means work horse

Lol

nogidavid -

cock donkey!

!! Phone Post 3.0

guess i'm going to be having a very difficult conversation with my instructor tonight

I got dubbed "Grosso" by a Brazilian many years ago but I didn't let it stick lol

shark tank - I have been thinking about some of the nicknames in our sport and I realized that many of the Brazilian nicknames (for both gringos and Brazilians) are not favorable or something you would necessarily want to be called in public. Other nicknames have funny stories behind them.

My first instructor nicknamed me Jesus. He had a Halloween tournament and I went as "The Dude (El Duderino,his dudeness, etc)" from "The Big Lebowski." I walked in the door and he yells "Hey it's Jesus!" I tried to explain but he wasn't having it. From then on, I was Jesus.

Here is a link to an article that list some of the more prominent nicknames in jiu jitus.

What funny or interesting nicknames have you guys heard? Any body have a funny story behind their nickname?

I was given one by one of my Coaches. We were eating sushi after training and he starts laughing. He says something to my other Coach and he starts giggling. Then let me in on the joke, I looked like a little Panda Bear eating my Sushi. From that point on, my nickname has been Pandinha.

Apparently, Magarida got his nickname because of his multi-colored braces. Just what I heard.

I want a nickname like retarded koala or something

nogidavid -

a guy in the uk has the nickname estuprador, think one of the gracie barra guys gave it him after seeing him try to pass guard or something. it means rapist

Voted up, so funny Phone Post 3.0

We have a few in our school. I'm kind of a joker and tease guys sometimes, and sometimes the names stick.

We have a Blue Belt we call Abu Dhabi. One day I commented that he is so rough and spazzy, he thinks every roll is the gold medal round at the Abu Dhabi championships.

we got a new white belt about 6 months ago. My instructor asked me to roll with him and see how he was since he had some training elsewhere. No posture, no base, no frames, really limp. I told my instructor it was like rolling with a bowl of noodles. Boom! Everyone calls him Noodles.

6 weeks ago we got a kid (16 or so) that asked if he could get any color gi he wanted. Our Professor, assuming the kid meant blue or black instead of white, told him sure. Any color is fine. Kid shows up next week with a bright RED gi! Rolling that night when all the upper belts were choosing lower belts, I said "I'll take Super Mario". Form then on, he is known as Super Mario.

Chango

Sorry friend, it means something much worse.

My nickname is Buttface. In portuguese it's Buttface..... Phone Post 3.0