You fundie rascals have

overtaken the forum.

prof looked like a man beset by rabid, snarling dogs on another thread...taking nips and growling...and circling.

It was aweful.

Which forum?????

Rastus for HG mod! ;-)

For a forum that's supposed to have a higher level of discussion, it seems that one group tries to have that while the other group spends all their time sarcastically proclaiming how much holier they are and trying to intimidate people from airing their opinions.

It's ironic the people who proclaim their faith the most on here like Aaron and comedian are also living and breathing examples of why so many have turned their backs on the faith.

Rastus,

I dont post much on here anymore, but I think your right. I noticed the same thing and had to point it out on the other thread. Glad I am not alone. How are you doing btw?

The forum certainly doesn't lack for fundamentalists-- but it doesn't lack for atheist trolls either. If we can't get rid of either, they at least balance themselves out.

you:
For a forum that's supposed to have a higher level of discussion, it seems that one group tries to have that while the other group spends all their time sarcastically proclaiming how much holier they are and trying to intimidate people from airing their opinions.

me: yes, those atheist and evolutionist are killing this place ;-)

goes back to snarling and growling

Agreed. It used to explicitly say on the forum rules "no threats of hell fire for people who disagree with you".....yet thats what we do.

As a Christian I'm sorry for the way God's love gets misrepresented at every turn by his followers (including me).

Yuki: "Rastus for HG mod! ;-)"

Now that's an interesting idea.

jbapk: It's ironic the people who proclaim their faith the most on here like Aaron and comedian are also living and breathing examples of why so many have turned their backs on the faith.

Comedian was the prime offender, calling him "clown", etc...basically, a mean-spirited flame war.

gusto: it's a joke really, it should be called the holier(than thou) ground

lol...that was pretty good, but you know I just happen to BE holier than thou. I just don't outright say it. Usually.

JoshuaB: I dont post much on here anymore, but I think your right. I noticed the same thing and had to point it out on the other thread. Glad I am not alone. How are you doing btw?

Doing well, sir, how are you? I've been extremely busy lately but pop on now and then. You know, I am a free speech'er by nature because I like to give people enough rope to hang themselves with. They expose themselves (and that goes for me too). I thought about deleting the posts, but thought "nah. Let's see them for who they are."

bludhall: rastus i made several posts to that threwad that mysteriouslt disappeared, those rabid slavery fundies are at it again.

Censorship is a natural impulse of the church. If it offends god (i.e. Me), it must be destroyed.

bludhall: i suggest we immedialty all post pictures of naked breasts on the HG. Thats is like garlic to vampires, like kyrptonite to superman, like sonny to cher.

I would, actually, delete them, to be perfectly candid.

pneuma: The forum certainly doesn't lack for fundamentalists-- but it doesn't lack for atheist trolls either. If we can't get rid of either, they at least balance themselves out.

It's not a zero-sum game. It just makes for bad weather...you know, extreme pressure differentials. I have no problem with fundies either. I'm just taken aback when someone who thinks of himself as a Christian expresses himself in such a sarcastic, mean-spirited way that I think, "Well, what good is your faith doing you if you can't behave in a loving manner?"

Then again, I'm an idealist by nature.

me: yes, those atheist and evolutionist are killing this place ;-)

goes back to snarling and growling

lol...my good friend rooster is not a snarling cur, that's for darn sure.

Siamang: Agreed. It used to explicitly say on the forum rules "no threats of hell fire for people who disagree with you".....yet thats what we do. As a Christian I'm sorry for the way God's love gets misrepresented at every turn by his followers (including me).

That's the kind of post from a humble man and a good representative of Christ. Being Christian does not mean we lose our ... unsavory inclinations. It's supposed to mean, however, that we're under new management...and can resist the "evil one" in favor of a better current.

Rastus,

What I find most amazing (and disturbing) is that when I argue for a God who TRULY exhibits compassion and forgiveness by not sending people to Hell, not needing to expend wrath, it's the Christians who have been jumping all over me!

(Ok, fortunately not all the Christians, but a surprising number of them, including some uncommitted, playing angel's advocate for Christianity as well).

Christians, who publicly extol forgiveness and "loving thine enemy" as a central virtue, can't imagine a God who would actually embody that virtue. And one is excoriated for suggesting such a thing.

It's somewhat unsettling.

Prof.

Yeah, but you were taking personal hits which were absurd. I just thought I'd call out the rascal fundies who were pestering you, tell 'em to go out to the front yard and pick the switch ahzgunna tan their hyde with.

Hi Rastus,

I am doing well, adjusting to life in CA and still learning to be observant in Jewish law. Its a long process with a lot to learn. I can read hebrew, although slowly, and probably have around a 2000 word vocabulary, so I still have a lot of work to do. Though, I have to say its amazing the more you learn, the more you realize you really know nothing at all, and that the only thing you can do is continue down your path at a pace you are comfortable with, plus a little bit more to make it intresting. However, with religious texts important to Judaism becoming more and more accessible to me, it is a really facsincating thing to see and to experience.

I have the secret to pronouncing the tetragrammaton, by the way...in case you're interested. I know it's not Yom Kippur and I'm no high priest, but still. I'm pretty sure I've got it.

Do tell.....I've read that Moshe used the name of G-d to kill the egyptian who was oppressing the Jewish person. So, don't go saying tha tname in front of wicked people, they might fall over dead.

http://www.angelfire.com/nv/TheOliveBranch/append60.html

The above link is a study by Dr. E.W. Bullinger on the sacred name being in the book of Esther. Even though the book of Esther does not name God in the book, it does by way of acrostics.

YHVH is his opinion instead of the more popular Yahweh.