You know you're a BJJ'r when..

You and your girlfriend/wife are sleeping and she drapes her leg across you and you immediately put her in the half guard.

When you hear 50cent's song "In the Club" about "putting the rap world in a choke hold" and you wonder if he knows BJJ.

You get agrivated when watching fight scenes in movies.

You get really excited when someone in a movie attempts a BJJ submission...then you get angry again when it doesn't work for them.

You wear your knee pads under your jeans when you go to a party.

-you have a heart attack watching cowboy movies when the hero and villain are wrestling for a knife or a gun.

-Your girlfriend likes the friends episode about the UFC.

+1 if your girlfriend knows why it's funny that Tank Abbot was on friends.

+2 if she laughes at "He's teaching me a mix of Thai kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu."

+5 if she says "Hey, it's Big John McCarthy."

+10 if she says "Hey, it's Bruce Buffer." (mine did)

-You have several black belts in the closet and a blue belt on your wall.

+1 for every degree on the belts in the closet

-You can understand Joe Moreira in his videos

+5 even in the introductions and conclusions

+10 even when his face is in someone's gi

And lastly,

+1000 if from missionary, you move to double underhooks, stack her (gently), and roll her to her side/knees so you can take the back without withdrawing....

+1,000,000 if you do that and think "so what?"

and i had to laugh at the shrimping to roll over--who doesn't?

~TT

I am guilty of all of this. I just learned underhooks and takedowns and this weekend hugging my parents and relatives out of town, I kept going for the underhook.

Found out my cousin is a BB in TKD, I stopped myself from saying anything.

The pitbulls get nervous when I grab their tails or jump on them when they are laying down.

I just started shrimping in bed to go from my right side to my left when I turn. I find myself doing it while half asleep and not thinking about it.

Does anyone else find themselves stretching alot? I've been doing it for my legs, trying to get my triangle better. People have been giving me weird looks when I do it sitting down cross legged and trying to put my forehead down to my ankle.

My last one that I've noticed I've been doing without thinking. When sitting on the ground, standing up in base. Did it this weekend at the flea market in LA.

A VERY obscure one for you here, you wonder if George R. R. Martin knows BJJ.

+1,000,000,000 on the geek scale if you understand this one.

"The pitbulls get nervous when I grab their tails or jump on them when they are laying down"

That's a good one! I used to do that with my pit--when I had him a few years ago. He was about 90 lbs--pretty good size for a pit--and had great endurance. I would always defeat him with my jiu-jitsu though..haha

gotta watch out for those teefers though....

ok...+1,000,000,000 if you're sucha bjj nut that you KNOW how to control a pit bull with dominant position while maintaining head control so they can't bite you!

After having sex with my girlfriend I get out of her "guard" by casually putting an arm under her leg and SHE says: "NOT EVEN MY MOTHER WOULD DO THAT!".

One of your relatives are talking to you and you go "aha, aha", all the time thinking of various ways of choking and armbar the person.

You scout for bigger people, thinking that you could probably take them, if you could get the fight to the ground.

Last one is a judo one: You look at bigger people with long legs and wonder if you could do a leg uchimata on them, dispite their height. Yes, I looked at a lot of guys' crotches that month.

"every "r" you see is an "h"
you have little bubbles on your knuckles
you use bjj when you fight in your dreams"

LOL!! True True and True!!!
Sheesh.. now we're also calling each other Brazilian names or adding "ze" in front of everything...

I started shrimping in bed about a year ago, and at the same time my bottom game got much better. For those who don't do this, I recommend you start, seriously.

when you wake up after a night of training, like I did today, and you have a bruise on every limb of your body...and neck...and face...and purple ears...

when coming into physical contact with friends n family or aquiantances - its naturally instinct to "telegraph" moves u couldve done had this person tried to do so n so or such n such.

"your not allowed to play fight anymore. "

oh so true...

nobody wants to "wrestle" anymore..

ttt LOL

...when you talk to your non-bjj friends using your best Brazillian accent and no one laughs.

...when you start cutting words off like: position(posish) and posture(paust)

...you can't do your Arnold impression because it comes out sounding Brazillian now

Now when you give people a "thumbs up" you do it sticking your pinky finger out as well.

You scout for bigger people, thinking that you could probably take them, if you could get the fight to the ground.

--2-2-2-2-2-2-2

I used to do this. Then I was at the supermarket, saw this guy bigger than me, I'm 6 foot 240lbs. I thought, too bad he's injured and on crutches, I could take him.

We go to check out, the cashier asked him, what happened, he said he got hurt training in martial arts. I turn around and ask him what style. He said... Get this... "Brazillian Jiu Jitsu", he taught with the Machados. We get to talking, he also won the Purples for the last IGJJF tourney.

So Demetri, if your are reading this bro, I didn't mean it! I think I could have taken you out dude. With you on the crutch! LOL.

From that day on, which is about 2 weeks ago, I've stopped thinking I can take everyone. =o)

LOL yeah nouthing like being humbled after being hit with a realization moment of truth :)

I always give a thumbs up with my pinkie sticking out. Too Weird.

If you're always looking for people with collared shirts and thinking of ways to choke them.

You tell girls that you date that you posses UNBELIEVEABLE skills in bed that most guys do no have.....and you're referring to your killer half guard, closed guard, and butterfly sweeps to get her in position.

You anxiously wait for someone at work to ask you how you got injured...and how it gives you the opportunity to talk about BJJ and rolling.

Word gets around that you do BJJ and when people you meet for the first time say "Don't beat me up"

When you tell people that you work out and they say "what gym do you go too?" and you get pisssed and say... I do BJJ.

-B

Word gets around that you do BJJ and when people you meet for the first time say "Don't beat me up"
==========

Too funny has happened to me! My uncle this weekend got mouthy with some ppl and explained, it's okay, I have Anthony here in case a problem really happens. Great.

When you tell people that you work out and they say "what gym do you go too?" and you get pisssed and say... I do BJJ.
==========
No doubt!