"You might beat me but you won't Break me!"

I was a Forrest fan not because he was the most technical but because he was a guy willing to go out there and fight anyone. He had that "I don't give a damn I'm not backing down" attitude. That whole "you might beat me but you wont break me!" was part of his allure.

This all changed this past saturday. Not only was he beaten, he got broken. He gave up mentally and ran out of the cage. He wasn't knocked out but gave up just due to frustration of not being able to touch Anderson. I hate to see it affect him so much but all that he stood for seemed to go right out of the cage (No pun intended).

The fight wasn't over, maybe standing up it was, but I would have loved to seem him attempt some takedowns and not quit until he was dead. Anything can happen in a fight and it certainly was not over except for him giving up on himself.

I didn't care if he lost going out with guns blazing. But he lost by giving up and losing his composure when his striking was ineffective. I would have loved to see him come out in the second round with a new game plan, try some take downs and never say die attitude.

I'm pretty loyal to who I'm loyal to so it is hard to say this but Griffin lost me as a fan. He'll have to come back and have a war and admit he had a mental breakdown to get me back on his bandwagon.

Disclaimer: Just my 2 cents.. A lot of you will say who cares if he lost you as a fan, blah blah, but I want to see how many other people feel this way.

You sound retarded.

bulletmagnet -

I'm pretty loyal to who I'm loyal to so it is hard to say this but Griffin lost me as a fan. He'll have to come back and have a war and admit he had a mental breakdown to get me back on his bandwagon.

Forrest begs you to reconsider.

MrBlume - You sound retarded.

Just a little sad that Forrest gave up on himself and all he stood for..

@ ausk- Hopefully Forrest comes back and shows a true "Go for broke" attitude. Gets his ass handed to him but never gives up. That's what I watch for. I dont care if he wins, I just want to see a warrior. He admits to be mentally weak and comes back even stronger then I'll have his back again!

i agree op. i wasnt really a fan before but, that was f'n pathetic. i think there was just too much put on him. i think that he thought he had to stand and bang with anderson.

Stick with him, dude. Part of what he said was just plain hype. The other part was trying to convince himself he could hang with Anderson. This will sting for a while, but if he's truly a gamer, he'll make up for it down the road.

@Doc- I knew if he stood and wanged he would have gotten destroyed. Just look at how he charges in dropping his hands, poor footwork, etc. vs a pin point counter striker like anderson.

He would have won me over by taking some shots just to clinch and use his strength to over power silva with his wrestling..

@ IP- sure hope so. He gave into the terrorist's demands and pissed on everything he stood for.

@ ArtV- guess so.

I think its just more a testament to Andersons skill to do that to a fighter of Forrests heart and resolve.

Just simply amazing.

op is poaching

bulletmagnet - @ IP- sure hope so. He gave into the terrorist's demands and pissed on everything he stood for.

@ ArtV- guess so.

bulletmagnet - I had similar feelings to yours. The supreme test will be what he does from here.

So, you ignore all the wars he has been in and drop him based on one performance?

You wouldn't know what loyalty was if it smashed you in the side of the head. However, i wish it would.

I think you're totally misjudging the end of the fight.

people can have their opinions on him running out of the cage but he got his shit rocked 3 separate times in like 3 minutes, people act like he gave up like Morales when he fought Pacquiao the 3rd time.

he was totally fucked after that 3rd shot. it was all downhill from the time he ate that first hard shot and sort of shook his head.

the way his leg went out from under him and he threw his arm up to try to stop anderson from dropping down on him when anderson was like 6 feet away just shows you he wasn't with it.

I wasn't feeling the way he ran out like that but he didn't quit, he got his brain rung out 3 times. it took him a good 30 seconds to get his shit together and get up and stumble to the cage door with his eyes glazed over.

ArtV - Poor Forest. First the loss and now THIS?

totally.

which one hurts worse though? no way to tell.

guy on internet demands you better do some serious work to get him back on your bandwagon...oh the horror

ukMMAisOverrated -  I don't know. Forrest was rocked pretty bad by that last shot and when he was putting his hands up it looked to me to be more of a defensive move than a 'please don't hit me, I've had enough gesture'.

I still like Forrest and think he can do well from here on out. He'd just not gonna beat Silva or Lyoto is all...

Correct. He did not tap. I thought he was just getting his hands up for defense.

likatiga - So, you ignore all the wars he has been in and drop him based on one performance?

You wouldn't know what loyalty was if it smashed you in the side of the head. However, i wish it would.

If you want to call the Bonnar fight a war go ahead, but that was probably the most boring and sloppiest fight I have seen.

I must admit I lol@ the second part of your post.

IP - 
bulletmagnet - @ IP- sure hope so. He gave into the terrorist's demands and pissed on everything he stood for.

@ ArtV- guess so.

bulletmagnet - I had similar feelings to yours. The supreme test will be what he does from here.

Thanks for the level headed response. Unlike all these other horses with their blinders on.

@ Gaymida- I disagree, he was not shrimping or anything nothing at all other than some weak put his hands up. He did not seem upset when ref stopped the fight either. I don't think you can possibly interpret his posture as a defensive one. It definitely was a "I GIVE UP" kind of thing.

@ To all the other guys, I've seen guys take way worse of a beating than Forests and keep going. Guys like Enson Inoue may not be the heavyweight champ but have a never say die attitude that no matter what happens they'll keep fighting.

This whole thing came into picture when I was reading his "Got Fight?" book and it was all about a toughness and blah blah blah. I couldn't even read the first chapter after what happened this weekend.

HI KKM - Phrases a fighter says before getting completely dominated in a fight:

"To the death!"
"It's time to kill that master"
"You might beat me, but you won't break me"

LOL @ comparing kenny's loss to the BEATING that bj and forrest recieved!

MrBlume - You sound retarded.

LOL!!