You pos cornermen and ref

Does aldo not have a family?  Stop the fucking fight. Throw the towel . 

2 Likes

That was a bit much.

Last minute was an absolute joke

Like maybe 60 shots to the skull post knowing it was over?   

He can tap out. 

2 Likes

Gonna agree.  Bet you that was in the area of 40-50 unanswered blows.

Fucking garbage.

crazydave -

He can tap out. 

He was about to tap out to the lord 

wonder what it feels like by that point?

crazydave -

He can tap out. 

Top fighters are able to do what they do because they refuse to quit. The corner and the referee are there to protect the fighter from their own pride.

That was on the ref, how he didnt stop it 20 shots sooner blows my mind 

I was yelling for the fight to be stopped but I'm sure Aldo will not complain about the stoppage. He'll be glad the ref gave him every opportunity before stopping it. 

Big Aldo fan here but the corner deserves to be called out here. This is exactly when the corner should step in when the ref is clearly not doing his job.

Both parties should get some criticism here.

Can a corner stop a fight?  I heard they cannot

Wasa-B - 

Big Aldo fan here but the corner deserves to be called out here. This is exactly when the corner should step in when the ref is clearly not doing his job.

Both parties should get some criticism here.

Ref deserves the most blame. But, Andre should have thrown the corner.

Leon Roberts needs to have his license suspended after that. Fucking disgrace. Fuck Andre Pederneiras for that too. He's one of the best coaches ever but that was shameful.

Even tho often a corner is told they cannot stop a fight.
They are also told that if they enter the cage during the round that their fighter loses via DQ.
As I watched aldo being sadly pummeled while clearly having nothing left & too much a warrior to tap..,, maybe 15 seconds before the end I would've climbed over the cage,
It can get a corner suspended sure but it's better than letting a legend get beaten half to death.
So in summation.,
No Often depending on the rules of that place the corner is
Not allowed to stop a fight,
But they can still always stop a fight

1 Like

HoboSkillet -

I was yelling for the fight to be stopped but I'm sure Aldo will not complain about the stoppage. He'll be glad the ref gave him every opportunity before stopping it. 

Watched it at work, and the entire room was screaming at the TV to stop the fight 

Bill Mahoney - 

They are also told that if they enter the cage during the round that their fighter loses via DQ.
As I watched aldo being sadly pummeled while clearly having nothing left & too much a warrior to tap..,, maybe 15 seconds before the end I would've climbed over the cage,
It can get a corner suspended sure but it's better than letting a legend get beaten half to death.
So in summation.,

Yup. I was on a thread with guys who I've cornered with. We all said we would have thrown the towel and got the DQ.

Bill Mahoney -

So in summation.,

While technically true, the corners are  instructed to let an inspector know if they want the fight stopped and the inspector can advise the ref the corner wants it stopped. No ref would decline that request and no need for the corner to do anything that would cause any disciplinary action.