You’re a 40 year old single man with 50k in the bank total

Right, it’s all about them and the independence and freedom they would gain while retaining the stability they biologically crave. It definitely wouldn’t be about me and the two variants of strange or the potential three way action.

2 Likes

it has absolutely nothing to do with the two different layers of varnish Id have on my stick at all times.

absolutely nothing…

Big Time Rush No GIF by Nickelodeon

2 Likes

Legit lol’d. :rofl:

2 Likes

Guerrillas-not-Gorillas.gif

4 Likes

I just woke up my wife laughing at this lol

2 Likes

FYI, Kurt is also my favourite actor.

kurt russell captain GIF

4 Likes

Great movie

2 Likes

You guys ever heard of affiliate marketing? Ive been looking into it. It’s a lot of work and learning but seems like a legit way to make money online.

A friend of a friend just did this actually. He wanted a boat that he could make “his” and had the skills to do it. He ended up buying a sailboat down in Mexico and living down there in a rental for a couple months while he fixed the boat up and just sailed back to BC a couple weeks ago (I think?). I thought that was a really cool idea and thought my buddy was an idiot for turning down the guys offer of a couple months paid vacation to go down there and help with the work.

2 Likes

Try getting into a union apprenticeship or a trade school like welding . I’m going to make about $200,000 this year ( union pipefitter/ welder ). I will make about $120,000 a year when I retire from my union pensions and SS .

The elevator construction and maintenance union is a good one . Sheet metal union , pipefitter union & plumbing. If you have any questions please reply back . I’ll check back later I’m working nights and have to leave now . I’m going make $800 tonight .

2 Likes

Electricians is another

3 Likes

How do you plan to sell enough (or market enough) through ads that you think you can make a living out of this?
I know nothing about this just what a quick google search told me but I’m interested in why You think it would lead to success.

Also op, if your back is legitimately fucked and not just sore from work, sitting at a desk 40 hours a week isn’t going to help you.

1 Like

What local are you out of? You are forgetting to mention how much overtime you are putting in. I was Local 26 out of Wester WA. Local 86 In Seattle was up in the $60’s an hour we were at $46/hour.

Are you chasing shutdowns? Also, you have to be a good hand to not be sitting on the list unless you are travelling and chasing shut downs.

When I was foreman on a shutdown I ended up with a guy who was in his late 70’s but we couldn’t get rid of him. I just told him to hand the welders rod or clean up.

1 Like

Yeah easy work but fuck threading and bending conduit all day. I do love instrumentation though

1 Like

If I was able to start over, I would have did that or sheet metal.

Us carpenters up here in Western Washington are currently on strike trying to eek out another couple bucks on the contract during the biggest boom in local history. Its the land of tower cranes and giant jobs, and will be for a while lol.

All they had to do was offer us something on the back end in regards to contract language or benifits and we would have taken the offer but noooo. Can’t offer us anything that tons of the other carpenters locals have. So we are trying to stick it to the AGC. Well see how that goes. Im not holding my breath lol

2 Likes

This is the OG. He’s only working 15 hours a week.

1 Like

60 hours this week

2 Likes

40 hours at 71.05

20 hours at 105.93

I love capitalism

3 Likes

Ken 206 hope you guys get what you want . I’m working in Seattle as well . Are the other crafts honoring the picket line ?

2 Likes

fuck working 60 hours a week.

would not do it unless it was for myself and the kids were long gone from the house.

I love having a life and cannot get these years back.

1 Like