You think part of Zuffa doesn’t want 2 sign Fedor?

If he signs with them, the good news is obviously more money and fans for them, as well as publicity for their organization.

But the downside is if he comes in, especially after being out of the sport for over 3 years and well past his prime (turns 39 in two months) and were to beat their current champ (maybe twice - if he wins and they have him fight Werdum again to complete the trilogy) and possibly goes on to beat other top guys - it further solidifies his status as GOAT. A GOAT who fought all but the last few fights of his career OUTSIDE the UFC and prompting people who aren’t already, to wonder why the UFC didn’t have him back when he was younger and at his peak. A guy who Zuffa sometimes ripped on or discredited.

If The Last Emperor comes in after a 3 year layoff approaching 40 years old and snags the UFC HW belt, would Dana and Company like this? Or, would it make their greatest fear a reality? And if it’s the latter, do you think part of Zuffa doesn’t want to sign him?

He'd be their champion and the greatest because he won their title. Fuck a Pride belt, he's UFC-certified, baby!

disbeliever - If fedor signed with the UFC and wrecked everyone how is that bad for zuffa? They could say he's always been the best and market the shit out of him. They would find a way to cash in on him Phone Post 3.0

So, in other words, "just forget everything we said about him before" is what you're saying they'd go with, right? Along with, "we've always thought he was great, etc." and market the hell out of him to make money, of course.

Huge fan, doubtful, but hey UFC would cash in them Rupels. Phone Post 3.0

Thingading -
disbeliever - If fedor signed with the UFC and wrecked everyone how is that bad for zuffa? They could say he's always been the best and market the shit out of him. They would find a way to cash in on him Phone Post 3.0

So, in other words, "just forget everything we said about him before" is what you're saying they'd go with, right? Along with, "we've always thought he was great, etc." and market the hell out of him to make money, of course.
The newer fans will have no idea all that was said and won't care. Phone Post 3.0

Thingading - 

Dana does that week-to-week and incident-to-incident right now.
Why do you think he'd give a shit about things he said 4 to 5 years ago?

The things that'll potentially get in the way of Fedor coming to the UFC are money and control, the same issues they had last time.

iemitremmusi - 
Thingading -

The newer fans will have no idea all that was said and won't care. Phone Post 3.0

New fans won't have any idea. I'm referring to fans who have been around for awhile and have heard Dana and Zuffa's comments about Fedor in the past.

I guess it doesn't really matter. If they think they can make money off him (which they will) they'll likely go for signing him, knowing the minority of fans remember what they said in the past, but won't care due to all the cash they'll make.

I think they will want to sign him just to keep him away from Bellator or other orgs.

Thingading -

Dana never said he was a bum. He said he's fought bums since 2005, which had some truth until he came to SF.

If Fedor emerged champ Dana was just say spin it however made the most sense. Phone Post 3.0

duckhuntgangsta - 
Thingading -

Dana never said he was a bum. He said he's fought bums since 2005, which had some truth until he came to SF.

If Fedor emerged champ Dana was just say spin it however made the most sense. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/04/dana-white-ufc-rips-fedor-emelianenko-fighter-mma_n_1183955.html

"The UFC president was then asked if Fedor Emelianenko, the famed Russian fighter, was ever coming to the UFC. "Fedor sucks man. You guys need to get with the facts, deal with it," White responded with a smirk. "He sucks. Get over the Fedor thing."

duckhuntgangsta -
Thingading -

Namely, that drug testing has changed the landscape of MMA. Phone Post 3.0

i'm a fan of fedor and he is a legend but i don't think he has a chance of success in the ufc at 39 and out of the game 3 years, mma had passed him up then when guys like randy couture and brock lesner was heavyweight champs. how does he compete now?

something tells me Dana would love for Fedor to sign somewhere else, him lose, just so he could tweet another smiley face.

Eastern Europe and Russia are still huge mma markets, everyone can make money on that deal Phone Post 3.0

JetSetter -
Thingading - If he signs with them, the good news is obviously more money and fans for them, as well as publicity for their organization.

But the downside is if he comes in, especially after being out of the sport for over 3 years and well past his prime (turns 39 in two months) and were to beat their current champ (maybe twice - if he wins and they have him fight Werdum again to complete the trilogy) and possibly goes on to beat other top guys - it further solidifies his status as GOAT. A GOAT who fought all but the last few fights of his career OUTSIDE the UFC and prompting people who aren’t already, to wonder why the UFC didn’t have him back when he was younger and at his peak. A guy who Zuffa sometimes ripped on or discredited.

If The Last Emperor comes in after a 3 year layoff approaching 40 years old and snags the UFC HW belt, would Dana and Company like this? Or, would it make their greatest fear a reality? And if it’s the latter, do you think part of Zuffa doesn’t want to sign him?
Had to vote you down.

Fedor got wrecked the last 3 times he fought a decent opponent but your dumbass thinks he'll come in after 3 yrs off and beat the best fighters in the world!!! You my friend are an idiot.

Fedor got KTFO by a light heavyweight before he retired. Lolololololoooiiioo. Gawd damn Fedor fans are delirious Phone Post 3.0
What a stupid post. Phone Post 3.0

Randy totally burned bridges with the UFC when he left. Signed with a rival, trashed them in the media and took them to court. It never stopped them working together again when a good opportunity arose. The past won't stop them signing Fedor if they think it makes financial sense.

I think he'll probably go to Bellator. They'll go above and beyond to try and get him.

They don't need Russia or Europe because the American casuals will push a UFC Fedor vs Werdum rematch to 1.5 million buys.

Dana will be cashing checks for months but will end up dissing Fedor after his first loss.

But I'm thinking he goes to Bellator where Coker and Viacom make a big money deal, but they're skipping a PPV...Fedor ends up on cable TV. Phone Post 3.0

all i know is if Fedor doesn't fight Werdum / Randy / Brock or Arlovski... then that's really going to suck. Phone Post 3.0

sparkuri - 
JetSetter -
Thingading - If he signs with them, the good news is obviously more money and fans for them, as well as publicity for their organization.

Had to vote you down.

Fedor got wrecked the last 3 times he fought a decent opponent but your dumbass thinks he'll come in after 3 yrs off and beat the best fighters in the world!!! You my friend are an idiot.

Fedor got KTFO by a light heavyweight before he retired. Lolololololoooiiioo. Gawd damn Fedor fans are delirious Phone Post 3.0
What a stupid post. Phone Post 3.0

Glad you pointed this out, man. VU.

One of the lamest posts I've seen in awhile. And he even goes to the vote down card because he merely disagrees with me AND resorts to name calling right away.

How posters like this are allowed to remain on this forum are beyond me.

JetSetter - 

Had to vote you down.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people like you to express themselves without launching a personal attack in the process. You make yourself look very unintelligent when you go that route and you drag the forum down in the process. Please raise your level of interaction to a more adult level.