You'd think there'd be more real life vigilantes.

I just read a bit of the thread about the poor girl that was burned to death in Mississippi.

It got me thinking. It surprises me that there aren't more real life vigilantes out there.

The first person you'd think would be out for vigilante justice is the dad. I'm a father of 2 girls, and I can't imagine the rage and grief I'd feel if I was in that dad's shoes. I'm a good shot and it would be hard to not hunt and kill someone who hurt and killed my daughters.

On top of that, what about the whackos? We have crazy people shooting up theatres and bombing foot races.

Where are the crazies who hunt down the animals that spray lighter fluid in a teenagers mouth and nostrils and lights her on fire?!?

You'd think that there'd be more of it.

I'm not saying I think there should be vigilantes running around killing it up, but you'd think that you'd hear about it more. Phone Post 3.0

It would give criminals something to fear.

Now rise! Phone Post 3.0

Everytime I read about someone doing something really fucked up I wish this guy really existed Phone Post 3.0

Maybe evolution has put a mental block on that sort of thing. Can't have members of the same hunter-gatherer band breaking down and killing each other in anger.

If we had no ruling class you would see vigilante justice on epic proportions and it would be more effective.

Story that op is talking about? Phone Post 3.0

Donkey Puncher - Story that op is talking about? Phone Post 3.0

I can't even think about it its so horrific.

Vigilantism happens when people believe that no justice will be had. Maybe the average citizen doesn't see all that many failures of the justice system. Or at least not in cases that would inspire some Dexter-like dude, saran wrapping people to his table.

there are tons of RL vigilantes

they are called cops

LittleC - If we had no ruling class you would see vigilante justice on epic proportions and it would be more effective.

It's not clear by that statement if you are advocating anarchism or some sort of blue-collar reverse-snobbery..which is it?

If ever my life just gets completely dismantled, Im going full on Frank Castle. Phone Post 3.0

neonbelly -

Maybe evolution has put a mental block on that sort of thing. Can't have members of the same hunter-gatherer band breaking down and killing each other in anger.

I think its more that most everyone has something to lose if caught. If I had nothing left to lose, you'd be reading about some crazy shit in the headlines. Phone Post 3.0

rekt - there are tons of RL vigilantes

they are called cops
Good one Phone Post 3.0

Altofsky - If ever my life just gets completely dismantled, Im going full on Frank Castle. Phone Post 3.0
You made a post a week or so ago about how your community offered to hunt some lowlife.

That's a good town. Phone Post 3.0

I like the idea of a vigilante posing as a homeless bum, so that no one takes notice. I know they've done this in some comics, and books, but never in a movie?

Maybe there is RL vigilantes. They are so successful that no one can tell? Phone Post 3.0

Bootsy Collins - 
LittleC - If we had no ruling class you would see vigilante justice on epic proportions and it would be more effective.

It's not clear by that statement if you are advocating anarchism or some sort of blue-collar reverse-snobbery..which is it?

I'm not really an 'advocate' for anarchism. But if we are talking about vigilante justice then there is no denying more people would be on board if there was no state police to handle it.

rekt - there are tons of RL vigilantes

they are called cops

Boom!

Kway - Maybe there is RL vigilantes. They are so successful that no one can tell? Phone Post 3.0
What's your secret?? How many lowlifes have you brought to justice? Phone Post 3.0

This is really one of the only cases of vigilante justice I can think of. I was just a kid, but I remember hearing about this when it happened...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Plauche

Leon Gary Plauche (November 10, 1945 – October 20, 2014) was a native of Louisiana, known for the 1984 killing of Jeff Doucet, who had kidnapped and sexually assaulted his son, Jody Plauche. The killing occurred on Friday, March 16, 1984, and it was captured on camera by a news television crew. Although Plauche shot and killed Doucet, he was given five years probation for the shooting and received no jail time. The case received wide publicity due to the fact that many people questioned whether Plauche should be charged for murder or be let off. Plauche claimed to believe until his death that he was in the right, and that those in a similar position would have done the same thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE

If a blue could post the video that would be great. Phone Post 3.0