Young Daughter and Son Died of Coronavirus in ...

...in 11 days of each other

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8546017/Florida-mother-lost-son-20-daughter-22-COVID-19-11-days.html

Florida mother is left planning two funerals after her 20-year-old son and daughter, 22, die from coronavirus within 11 days of each other

A Florida mother has revealed that her son and daughter both died from COVID-19 over the span of 11 days. 

Monete Hicks, of Lauderdale Lakes, told NBC Miami that her 20-year-old son, Byron, was the first to start having trouble breathing on June 27.

'I came to check on him. He was in the living room on the floor sitting up. He was sleeping, but he was breathing very poorly,' Hicks recalled. 

Hicks said Byron was rushed to the hospital where he later died.

While mourning the loss of her son, her daughter Mychaela, 22, fell ill with the virus seven days later. 

Just two healthy kids imo

30 Likes

How they tip them scales was my first thought before i saw dem photos

rip though

9 Likes

from the article...

According to Hicks, her daughter fought the disease until she had to be hospitalized due to consistent fevers and headaches.  

'As the days went by, while she was [at the hospital], everything just went to breaking down in her body,' Hicks told NBC. 

Mychaela was put on oxygen and even lost a kidney while she was in the hospital before passing away on July 8. 

Both Byron and Mychaela had underlying health conditions. Hicks said morbid obesity and asthma are listed as contributing causes of Byron's death.

And for Mychaela, obesity, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease were contributing causes to her death. 

Hicks said she's been holding up during the day, 'but at night, it really hits me'.

'I'm so used to them being in here,' the grieving mother, who is in the process of planning two funerals, told NBC.  

That's awful, regardless.  But yeah, you have to raise your kids to be healthy

5 Likes

Man I see a lot of overweight people dying from this. It should be a wake up call for people who don't take their health as serious as they should. 

That’s a tough loss for a parent. RIP to those kids. 

8 Likes

Damn I feel for her. You can make all the fat comments you want, but at the end of the day, this poor lady just lost both her kids. That's heartbreaking. I hope she finds a way through this. 

15 Likes

MojoSoDope -

Man I see a lot of overweight people dying from this. It should be a wake up call for people who don't take their health as serious as they should. 

There should be a national push for people to start eating healthier and exercising at this point.

2 Likes

Junnk -

Just two healthy kids imo

I don't know who is more of a POS...you for posting this or me for laughing.

3 Likes

Sad for sure... But honestly, just looking at those two you can see they ran a far higher chance of dying than your average 20yr old.

Jack Carter -
MojoSoDope -

There should be a national push for people to start eating healthier and exercising at this point.

If you mean close all gyms, we've already done that! 

We have to stop poisoning people's minds

7 Likes

Rest in Peace

Most people dont have to pay such a high price so early from obesity. 

2 Likes

"Two morbidly obese adults die of COVID 19"

2 Likes

Jack Carter -

That’s a tough loss for a parent. RIP to those kids. 

This

A fate worse than death for their mother.  No parent should ever have to bury their children.   RIP

1 Like

Trust -
Jack Carter - 
MojoSoDope -

This!  I haven't heard one politician come out and say anything about getting healthy or evaluating the shit state of our food.

where do you start?  seriously.  the whole problem is a fucking disaster.  food deserts, misinformation, a completely misguided recomendation from the FDA, government subsidies on sugar, corn and wheat, etc.  there are so many problems with nutrition in this country i wouldn't count on it getting turned around.

1 Like

Trust -
Jack Carter - 
MojoSoDope -

This!  I haven't heard one politician come out and say anything about getting healthy or evaluating the shit state of our food.

Telling people to stop being fat doesn't win many votes. And there's plenty of fresh, healthy food available. Most people don't want it. 

Jack Carter -
MojoSoDope -

Well, you know how that goes. You try to make lunches healthier in public schools and right wingers get upset.

1 Like