Your All-Time NBA Starting Five

ya pippen is a HOF
a top 50 player
who will most likely be bumped out of the top 50 in the next 15 years once the greats today retire

thats pretty exceptional

but he should never be drafted #1 overall to an ALL TIME team

and if hes being put on an ALL TIME team you are leaving 5-6 other SM off that are much better players than him

if you were a GM - and drafted pippen over LBJ - Bird- KD -etc you better win… because you’d be fired if you lost

1 Like

Now we’re comparing Horry to Pippen?

Sheesh.

You start off good, then you have to throw an insult to Scottie in there at the end…

simon cowell facepalm GIF

4 Likes

These guys are maybe the most fun and likeable guys on Earth - forget about basketball for a second.

^ AT 5:20 they talk about how GP got his nickname and they are literally the most likeable humans in professional sports. Also check out Kemp’s strut at 6:55. If you don’t watch the whole video, watch from 5:20 until the end. It’s brimming with gold.

I like this next one where they bust KG’s balls. It’s a short one.

2 Likes

@onepunchJD ^^^^

Rivalry that would best match up?

A rivalry with the next best starting 5 you could make.

How would that series go?

Also, what is your best 5 if they could not be from the same team?

1. Curry
  2. Jordan
  3. Pippen
  4. Duncan
  5. Kareem

Vs.

1. Magic
  2. Kobe
  3. Bird
  4. Malone
  5. Wilt

Damn…

The fans? Lol

Edge to Jordan’s team.

Need a little time on that one…

Not comparing them just pointing our that ROLE players are valuable in the League.

Yeah, “Role players” like John Stockton and Scottie Pippen are very valuable.

I take it you don’t like the term “role”. I just don’t put them as Super Stars.

What happened to Stockton? I thought he was in your top 5.

How does the coach of your 1st team gameplan for the 2nd team? And vice versa.

If the teams played 100 game series, how does it turn out?

Who leads in:

1. Scoring
  2. Steals
  3. Blocks
  4. Assists
  5. Rebound

Also, which coach do you select for both teams?

Stockton is in my top 5 PGs.

But when I have Pippen to help run the offense, Curry is just too damn dangerous to pass up.
Spreads things out.
So I have to pass on magic and go with Curry.

It’s tempting to go with Stockton/Malone on the second team, for reasons of chemistry.
Very tempting.

But Magic is Magic.

I’ll think about that other stuff…

1 Like

Yup. Role players. Like that guy whose team loses Jordan and the next year their defense gets better. Clearly it was by replacing MJ with the defensive juggernaut known as Pete Myers, who was so good he was playing overseas for the previous two seasons and never started more than twice in a season for any team besides the Bulls sans Jordan. Or maybe Steve Kerr or a young Kukoc were stoppers?

Seriously, Pippen lost 3000 minutes of Jordan next year and the Bulls still won 55 games compared to the 57 the year before. The only reason they didn’t win more was because Pip missed 10 games and they went 4-6 in the games he missed as opposed to 51-21 in games he played. They went to seven games with the conference champion Knicks.

The role Pippen played was everything important for that era except for volume scoring. I get that volume scoring is important, but it’s not the only thing that’s important.

3 Likes

Talk about a fucking post god damn SmackyBear! That’s some cool ass stats/context.

I had no idea Pete Myers was so bad ass. I’ll have to add him into my 2k roster.

1 Like

Well shit…

Damn good post!

Well Done Reaction GIF

1 Like

I meant to put this in the NBA Duos thread but it’s alright here, too.

1 Like

You said it best “the role Pippen played”.

Why you sunofa…

Jordan played a role too. Everyone played a “role”. Doesn’t mean that they are “role players”.

2 Likes