Your backflip escape?n/s

on your tapes you show this move with your opponnent wearing a gi and your hands are on his hips and I cant seem to complete this move and yes I am flexible.

My question? is the move different no gi and where do you place your hands( belly,knees,hips)

and can you do this move when opponnent is going for the kimura if he has not rolled me on my side and my back is flat by simply joining my hands together and getting an angle and flipping backward.

Hope to hear your reply soon.

The move is the same whether gi or no gi. I place my hands on the hips. If you have my Dynamic BJJ DVD, you will see me do this in action against Joe Moreira and you will also see me follow up by going to my knees when Joe stopped me from flipping onto his back.

By the way, it is not an issue of pushing on his hips. You are just holding him in place as best you can and walking your body towards the direction of your feet so his body weight is closer to your shoulder and head rather than near your stomach.

The technique is best done when both of your arms are under his arms. Then someone is going for kimura they generally have one arm over and one arm under. That is not the ideal arm positioning to do this technique.

Thank you

"By the way, it is not an issue of pushing on his hips. You are just holding him in place as best you can and walking your body towards the direction of your feet so his body weight is closer to your shoulder and head rather than near your stomach."

I always have trouble moving my body away and creating space so that my arms are fully extended...especially if the guy has a strong grip on my belt or pants. Are you able to explain more specifically or in more detail how you walk your body away? Thanks.

Are you swaying a little side to side when you are walking out?