Your best High School story?

Every Thursday, the newspaper released an insert called 'Prep Sports', with all the information on local high school sports.  On this particular week, they had a huge story on a junior from a small school who had committed to play basketball at Indiana State.  As it turned out, we played that very school the next day, and as it also turned out, I had to guard this kid.

We get to their school, and it was one of those schools where the entire city shows up to watch high school sports.  The place was PACKED.  And I lined up for a jump ball against this kid (I was a senior), and we shook hands and he won the jump ball, and the place ERUPTED.

I then proceeded to drop 28 points in the first half, absolutely CRUSHING this kid in the paint.  For anyone who plays basketball, it was one of those days where if I shot a jumper backwards, it would still find a way to roll in.  My high-post jumper was on point, my baby hook was killer, and my baseline spin move was destructive.

He ended the first half with 2 points.  Every time I went to the foul line, they student section was chanting "WADE'S A HORSE".  After hitting a baseline jumper, I ran past their bench, and their coach said, "Anyone else want to try guarding him?"

Out of all the basketball I've ever played, I've never had a day similar

i wish coach woulda put me in back in '82

i'd have scored the winning touchdown and we'd be state champs

and right now i'd be soakin in a hot tub with my soulmate

Senior year, I was a goalkeeper on the soccer team.
Regional final against the defending state champs.

Shut out during regulation
Shut out 2 OT halves

Went to PKs

I was chosen in the 2nd 5 to shoot.

Scored the go ahead goal.
Shooting to tie was All-State senior, committed to top D1 program. I guess correctly, catching it rather than block it. In my celebration, I slammed dunked the ball over the crossbar and then jump over the kid who had collapsed on the penalty spot.

Shootout plus celebration was all caught on camera on the local news, which we videotaped.

My dad taped over it for the Seinfeld finale a year later.

This is about high school sports stories? I see. Should've put that in the thread title OP. I was gonna post some funny stories of dumb shit I did on the bus but I see how it is...

Could be about anything.  Just make it your best story, now a large grouping of average ones.

I stole the car of the captain of the football team with his little brother one night while he was out of town. This dude was huge. Anyway, we were drinking beers and smoking a little herb while we cruised around looking for a party. Unfortunately, I had to take a fast right and lost control a bit. Only thing that saved us was my fast reflexes. The car was totalled but my old man was a tv repair man and had the ultimate set of tools. I knew I could fix it.

Mata_Leon - I stole the car of the captain of the football team with his little brother one night while he was out of town. This dude was huge. Anyway, we were drinking beers and smoking a little herb while we cruised around looking for a party. Unfortunately, I had to take a fast right and lost control a bit. Only thing that saved us was my fast reflexes. The car was totalled but my old man was a tv repair man and had the ultimate set of tools. I knew I could fix it.

Sub Phone Post 3.0

If by "best" you mean "entertaining" then....

Sophomore year of wrestling, i'm the number 2 guy at my weight. I only started wrestling as a sophomore, but was pretty talented, so I had beaten out most of the older guys. So meet day arrives, and the number 1 guy at my weight doesn't come to school, so I'm like "awesome! I'm gonna wrestle my second varsity match!".

I look and see who I'll be matched up against.....it was this guy:

http://www.connection-sports.com/news/2012/aug/07/top-100-jeremy-ferry-centreville-wrestling-1995/

So, me being 15 or whatever, I get all these visions of scoring the upset, and announcing myself on the big time stage, and winning a low scoring affair on a last minute reversal or something.

Match time comes and he absolutely wipes the walls with me. It was like a grown man wrestling an infant with me. I spent so much time bridging that my neck was sore for a week afterward.

He teched me something like 18-3, and I remember afterward my coach telling me he was proud of me for not getting stuck (pinned) and saving the team some points.

To top it off, afterward, I looked up into the stands to see who had witnessed that abortion, and saw the number one guy at my weight.

The bitchass didn't want to get his ass kicked, so he called in sick and let me get worked.

LOL, needless to say, that guy and I never really spoke as friends again.

Slowshot - If by "best" you mean "entertaining" then....

Sophomore year of wrestling, i'm the number 2 guy at my weight. I only started wrestling as a sophomore, but was pretty talented, so I had beaten out most of the older guys. So meet day arrives, and the number 1 guy at my weight doesn't come to school, so I'm like "awesome! I'm gonna wrestle my second varsity match!".

I look and see who I'll be matched up against.....it was this guy:

http://www.connection-sports.com/news/2012/aug/07/top-100-jeremy-ferry-centreville-wrestling-1995/

So, me being 15 or whatever, I get all these visions of scoring the upset, and announcing myself on the big time stage, and winning a low scoring affair on a last minute reversal or something.

Match time comes and he absolutely wipes the walls with me. It was like a grown man wrestling an infant with me. I spent so much time bridging that my neck was sore for a week afterward.

He teched me something like 18-3, and I remember afterward my coach telling me he was proud of me for not getting stuck (pinned) and saving the team some points.

To top it off, afterward, I looked up into the stands to see who had witnessed that abortion, and saw the number one guy at my weight.

The bitchass didn't want to get his ass kicked, so he called in sick and let me get worked.

LOL, needless to say, that guy and I never really spoke as friends again.
Daaaaaamn, that's a bitch move Phone Post 3.0

In high school, for some reason between the movie Bloodsport and a Chai Sirisute seminar where he was doing this trick, I used to practice doing that coin switch trick (snatch the coin from my hand...you switch the coin.) 

I'd sit @ night watching TV and practice one hand to the other. 

One day in the middle of a crowded lunch room some people were playing the coin snatch game and I walked over and casually said I'd play...(a nickel pressed in my palm)

It was perfect...even down to the guy gloating because he thought he had won...I pointed to his hand JCVD style and he opened it and freaked the fuck out. 

I walked away nonchalantly...

Probably the peak of my high school coolness...still didn't get me laid.