Your cold remedies??

Going on holiday in 24 hours and I've come down with a cold... headache, blocked nose... fucking typical... not looking forward to 13 hours in a plane now....

I'm dosing up on lemsip and OJ but anyone got any miracle home remedies??

help me OG... you're my only hope

Whiskey

Sleep.

Whiskey or bourbon, homemade chicken soup (so f'n easy to make) and rest.

Honestly, an old Jamaican trick my ex gfs mom gave me.

Wray and nephew overproof rum a shot or 2, tablespoon of honey and half a lime warm up in microwave so honey mixes.

No joke this works better than you would imagine

Netti pott!

Just getting over a bitch of a cold, my "go to":

- Sudafed 12 hour (behind the counter meth version only) take every 8 hours
- Gatorade
- Ritz Crackers (something to put in my stomach good with the Gatorade)
- Robutusin (once starts in throat and chest - get the Adult most powerful version)
- Cough drops if needed for coughing and thoat pain
- Ibuprofin if needed for pain

Whiskey

Merino wool base layers

Whiskey and apple Toddy's and sleep

Hot Toddy and Vick's on my tits

jman - Just getting over a bitch of a cold, my "go to":

- Sudafed 12 hour (behind the counter meth version only) take every 8 hours
- Gatorade
- Ritz Crackers (something to put in my stomach good with the Gatorade)
- Robutusin (once starts in throat and chest - get the Adult most powerful version)
- Cough drops if needed for coughing and thoat pain
- Ibuprofin if needed for pain

Too much uneeded meds bro.

Vicks rub under the nose and on the throat. Hot toddys all day. You'll be fine by tomorrow.

Sudafed for any sinus pressure or nasal congestion. It's a must have.

Massive doses of Vit C.

Sore throat: Silver Lozanges, green tea with honey and cinnamon.

Zinc lozenges at the first sign of symptoms.    My colds usually last about 10 to 14 days.  Last couple that caught me I started sucking down the zinc lozenges and in both cases the symptoms started going away in 2 or 3 days. 

As I type this I'm in the process of catching something.  Not sure if it's a cold or the flu but just in case I already started with the zinc.

Only downside is they make everything taste like sulfur and rotten eggs.  Even plain water tastes like rotten ass.  

steak and chicken - Honestly, an old Jamaican trick my ex gfs mom gave me.

Wray and nephew overproof rum a shot or 2, tablespoon of honey and half a lime warm up in microwave so honey mixes.

No joke this works better than you would imagine
I actually did this for the first time last night only i did 2 ounces of makers 4 ounces of water and a tablespoon of honey.
I felt like absolute hell last night and was sure I wouldn't make it to work today.
I feel like a million bucks today.

I've heard coffee with whiskey works. I usually skip the coffee though.

Heroin

I have actually considered some of these boozy home remedies, yet have never drank any alcohol. That is how bad I despise being sick.

Thanks guys.... gotta do a half night shift still so whiskey is out the question for now but gonna try the toddy thing as soon as I get home then catch some sleep.... fingers crossed