Your first MMA fight

This is the coolest thread ever...

I had to drop out of my one and only scheduled fight but the days leading up to it i could hardly sleep, thinking about every possible thing that could happen.

The weeks leading up to we're driving me nuts...

I commend anyone who can do this on a regular basis and stay sane.

Yeah, what happened to all of those guys who lost their first fights ?

Bruce

My question for the pros: How do you know when you want to make the change to the big league?

someone asked about the guys that lost there first fights

well i don't make enough money at my new job to continue training. i just do a little grappling here and there with my friends.

also the place i fought (1 mma and 1 subwrestling) doesn't do shows anymore but i will fight again because it was just so much fun. i just need to improve my rear naked choke defense. and well my overall subs defense

I tapped to armbar in :21 my first fight :(

great thread!!!

TTT

ttt

ttt

My first fight was in a small town against a local boy. He had SS thunderbolt tattoos and called himself ā€œBlitzkrieg.ā€ Fight was at 145 and he was cutting from 175 from what I heard while i weighed in at 135. At weigh ins his team was freaking out about my being underweight until my team and I said it was fine and didnt mind the difference. The day of the fight my opponent followed me into the bathroom, waited outside my stall and chest bumped me as i was walking out of the stall and he was going in. Right before we were to walk out his coach opened our locker room door to call me a pussy. They were trying their best to get in my head lol.

Fight starts and he throws an overhand right that I parry. I throw a rear low kick and when it lands he spun around and I just knew he had never been kicked like that before and knew he was fucked. Threw a second rear low kick that he tried to grab but ended up eating. I semi circle and a whip a lead leg high kick that dung the top of his head and he was doing the fish dance and backing up.

I followed him throwing a straight right - left hook - straight right that all land flush and he faceplants. Hit him with two more massive left hooks after i dove on him and that was that.

10 seconds, 100% hit rate. I felt like superman for like 8 seconds and then that feeling left and i remember thinking " fuck that was quick, you mean if i want that high again i have to do this shit all over again?"

Even signed an autograph for some little kid after. Never felt like such a fraud in my life but it was cool to be asked.

I lost my next fight by decision and quickly realized i wasnt superman after all.

2 Likes

Fantastic story, very succinct. Like your fight.

1 Like

This thread is a holy relic!

1 Like

ttt

I was kind of nervous, but way too much was going on. We were up in Wisconsin in an abandoned house. There was no heat and it was winter. I fought a guy named Benjamin Salas.

At these same fights were Dave Menne, Henry Matamoros, and others from old time Midwest shows.

Good memories really. These became known as the infamous COLD HOUSE FIGHTS lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jeesh I didnā€™t realize this was an ancient thread. Iā€™m curious if I posted on it before. Not curious enough to check.

1 Like

No, you did not.