Your first MMA-NHB live event

Cage Wars 2 in Galway which I think was the first MMA cage fight here (if not first MMA bout) back in 2002.

One of the FCFF amateur fighter shows put on by Chael Sonnen in Portland.

manny reyes jr vs hermes franca, it was a great introduction to mma for me

Around 10 years ago, I flew to Augusta, GA to see UFC 13 since I wasn't going to be able to see it on cable. It was only $100 for a front row seat. Debut of Tito and Randy and the superfight was Tank vs. Vitor. There was a wild fight at the afterparty- that was a great event.

Also flew out for #14 in Alabama (never again will I go there!) and to Louisiana for #18 (I got front row seats for all of them and back int he day, that wasn't hard to get them). Then I bought a dish and stopped going to these far-off places in the South that I otherwise never would have gone to. Since then, I've been to many in Vegas and California.

A small local show in Durango, Colorado around 1999, maybe. Floyd
Sword, Joey Villasenor and Heath Herring fought. There were probably
200 people there. Former UFC most craziest man Pat Smith worked a
fight with the promoter for the main event and the crowd got pissed.

Amatuer show in Edmonds, WA with some kickboxing and MMA, about eight years ago. Charlie Pearson vs. Paul Gardner was the fight of the night. JT Taylor was on the show... Kim Mason did a kickboxing fight in the main event.

I saw guys like Chris Leben and Ivan Salaverry in amatuer shows like that with no idea they'd be infamous on basic cable within a few years. Bob Sapp vs Josh Barnett in sub wrestling was supposed to go down in another but Sapp signed on with K-1 and they didn't allow it.

TH

UFC33

the early UFC's had to be great to see live and up close

I am happy to see a lot of these guys "make it big"

I just wish they pay days were a little bigger for most all of them in the UFC

"From: HaoleBoy

Date: 06/08/07 09:19 PM
1926 Total Posts Ignore User

UFC40 was a blast"

Yeah, UFC 40 was great. That was the first MMA show that I attended as well. There was a lot of "electricity" in the arena that night.

"did you go to the WFA fights the same weekend?"

Yeah, I attended WFA 3 the next night. It was decent, but not as good as UFC 40.

I remember that show had one of the worst decisions ever in Frank Trigg vs. Dennis Hallman when they awarded the victory to Trigg after he landed an illegal kick to the groin of Hallman which he could not recover from in 5 minutes.

"a lot of fighters were in the audience."

Yeah, I remember seeing Matt Hughes, Pat Miletich, and Chuck Liddell walking around. I also remember seeing Ricco Rodriguez and I think that Tito Ortiz was there as well. I saw Maurice Smith as he was there doing commentary. I met Quinton Jackson at that event briefly. When I was in the restroom taking a piss I saw Brian Johnston at the urinal next to me.

Extreme Chalenge 20, Dan Severn vs Pat Miletich, Shone Carter vs Dave Menne(their second fight, this was a fucking WAR), Tom Sauer vs Jeff Monson, Dennis Hallman vs Phil Johns.

It was an awesome event and and expierence I'll never forget.

CHE

First event I attended was UFC 68 when Couture took Tim's belt.

WFA
I think I was the first person out the door (pissed off) after the bad call with the Hallman fight

it was like the whos who of fighters there besides who you mentioned
Dan Henderson, Matt Lindland, BJ Penn and a lot of guys from the UG

MOOSEKNUCKLE:

Me too! I went nuts when Randy landed that overhand right and I nearly cried when they put the belt on him...

03/13/98  UFC 16: Battle In The Bayou 

Friday the 13th

I remember because I met My Wife in New Orleans The next Night

I saw a show in Los angeles called "Kage Kombat"... after seeing that, I decided I had to try MMA (i was only jiu jitsu then)... that was 20 fights ago for me......