Your Opinion on Crowds Chanting....

For their Country? Whether it's USA, Canada, or Brazil etc.

Personally, being from the United States, just because the fighter is from here doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to be rooting for them. I know Brazilians are huge supporters of their fighters.

On another note, at UFC 166, the crowd was chanting Cesar Chavez. Thought that was rather odd. Could you imagine the crowd chanting MLK during a Jon Jones fight? Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

As long as it's not booing I don't care

I think theres nothing wrong in showing support for a countryman as long as it is only that and not racism or anything like that Phone Post 3.0

goocher -

This. Phone Post 3.0

Please explain cesar chavez mlk thing? Phone Post

i would prefer they chant "you are going to die", like they do in brazil.

Much more respectful imo.

Oh i get it.... Ceasar Chavez was a great farmer who became a great political figure for the mexican people when he fought back against the mistreatment for his fellow farmers.   Cain's Dad was a farmer......, I can see where Cain gets his hard work ethics from. 

I am ok with patriotism. it's the asshats booing JDS as he walks out for a fight that boil my britches. Phone Post 3.0

Shinsplint - I am ok with patriotism. it's the asshats booing JDS as he walks out for a fight that boil my britches. Phone Post 3.0
Totally agree. Both are great guys. The boos at the weigh ins was ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0

MartialArtsMixed -

Oh i get it.... Ceasar Chavez was a great farmer who became a great political figure for the mexican people when he fought back against the mistreatment for his fellow farmers.   Cain's Dad was a farmer......, I can see where Cain gets his hard work ethics from. 

Gotcha. But why not chant his name instead ;/ Phone Post 3.0

goocher -

This. Phone Post 3.0

They were referring to the Mexican boxer, Julio Cesar Chavez, in their chants. Basically they were calling Cain the next great Mexican fighter Phone Post 3.0

None of it bothers me

RickStorm - 

None of it bothers me

Here, here!!

As long as it's not the U-S-A chant I enjoy it.

Americans can sing whatever else they want in support, but U-S-A! U-S-A! is such a fair weather chant. Phone Post

Tumba_Puertas - They were referring to the Mexican boxer, Julio Cesar Chavez, in their chants. Basically they were calling Cain the next great Mexican fighter Phone Post 3.0
No dude I already explained it Phone Post 3.0

I prefer silent crowds like in pride. You could hear every blow land. Phone Post

Chanting Si Se Puede is not exactly the same as chanting Ceasar Chavez's name.