Your Opinion on Crowds Chanting....

Shinsplint - I am ok with patriotism. it's the asshats booing JDS as he walks out for a fight that boil my britches. Phone Post 3.0

You really think it was out of patriotism for the USA people were booing JDS? Phone Post

Booing is the worst. When they booed Melendez' victory and cheered when Boetsch won?! Makes no sense to me booing a guy who put his body on the line and cheering for a guy who won because of shit judging. Houston went full retard Phone Post 3.0

I wish everyone would just shut up.

shaqitup -

i would prefer they chant "you are going to die", like they do in brazil.

Much more respectful imo.

They're soooo passionate! Americans that chant for Americans are idiots though

-joe rogan Phone Post 3.0

people that don't mind the brazil chants, but get pissed at the usa chants remind me of one of jim gaffigan's skit:

I wish I was ethnic; I'm nothing. 'Cause if you're Hispanic and you get angry, people are like, 'He's got a Latin temper.' But if you're a white guy and you get angry, people are like, 'That guy's a jerk.'

I like to chant USA when watching the fights at home.

Pretty soon we will be getting laugh tracks, awwwws, and cricket sounds.

Ten eight round - Brazillians are the most racist fans.

Regardless of who's fighting, they root for their countryman.

Which is fine. It's the fact that they must boo the other fighter at every opportunity.

Japan respects both fighters alot more than most.

America, Australia,NZ and sweden seem to just enjoy a good fight.

Brazil attacks you for being from anywhere other than Brazil.

What other country has made death threats based on an obnoxious fighters comments?? Phone Post

So you think that because they cheer for their countrymen that they are "racist"??? I don't think that word means what you think it means..... Phone Post

Ten eight round -
mrblonde1281 -

Which is fine. It's the fact that they must boo the other fighter at every opportunity.

What other country has made death threats based on an obnoxious fighters comments?? Phone Post

So you think that because they cheer for their countrymen that they are "racist"??? I don't think that word means what you think it means..... Phone Post

No, I believe if you didn't choose to ignore the part where I ended that with "which is fine, if it wasn't for the fact THEY HAVE TO BOO THE NON-BRAZILIAN.", then you would understand.

Cheering for people of your race to succeed, great. Patriotism.

Booing people purely because they are not apart of your race. Well yeah, kinda racist isn't it?

You can cheer a fighter without abusing his opponant. Phone Post

It is true. And that is exactly why I don't enjoy the Brazilian events. Their fans have turned me off. Phone Post 3.0

Dude they where not chanting for some Martin Luther King Farmer who saved the day! They where chanting for the Mexican boxer Julio Cesar Chavez! Comparing him to Cain?

On the Bradley vs Marquez under card fight of
Orlando Salido vs Orlando Cruz the crowd was chanting
"PUTO, PUTO, PUTO" at Orlando Cruz an openly gay fighter.

It's only wrong when Americans do it.

The 'USA USA' chant is probably the most annoying to me, simply because I've heard it too many times, much like a song that got overplayed. They all suck, though, for being the voice of jingoistic nationalism, a barrier to human unity. Phone Post

shaqitup -

i would prefer they chant "you are going to die", like they do in brazil.

Much more respectful imo.

no, you have it wrong usually they chant whoomp there it is Phone Post

tom_hkr -
goocher -

As long as it's not booing I don't care

This. Phone Post 3.0

yes. Phone Post

I slightly support my U.S. countrymen when there is a fight I feel neutral about. It certainly doesn't dictate my choice in who I root for predominately however.

Over the last weekend, during the main event, my buddy was slightly chastising me for rooting towards JDS and not rooting for the American. I said, the American? you mean the guy with the Mexican flag mouthpiece?.

Rooting for your countrymen adds a trivial amount of fun to the game. Life is hard, have some childish fun and false pride every now and then.

None of it really bothers me. As long as the audience is having fun and is into it, they can collectively chant whatever they want IMO.

I particularly enjoy hearing a crowd that is paying close attention cheer for the small things in a fight. For example- when the crowd's favorite gets caught in a submission attempt, and moves their arm to secure a better position, but is not 'out of the woods' yet, and the audience cheers loudly- that's always fun to see and hear. Phone Post

Ten eight round -
mrblonde1281 -

No, I believe if you didn't choose to ignore the part where I ended that with "which is fine, if it wasn't for the fact THEY HAVE TO BOO THE NON-BRAZILIAN.", then you would understand.

Booing people purely because they are not apart of your race. Well yeah, kinda racist isn't it?

Go look at a pic of Junior Dos Santos. Then look at a pic of Anderson Silva. Then look at a pic of Lyoto Machida.

Now tell me that Brazilians rooting for Brazilians are racists. Phone Post 3.0

Ten eight round - 
mrblonde1281 -

Um...

"Brazilian" isn't a race. It's a nationality. Ergo, not racist.

The obvious reason is that in other places you are much more likely to share genetics and culture with the athlete from your home country and the individuals victory feels more like a win for everyone. They see the fighter as representing their country as a whole. In America we cheer our athletes as we would our neighbors but in a place like Brazil they cheer for every homegrown fighter and against all others like their mother was in the cage and it is because they feel more of a connection to their fighters.