Your opinion on Star Wars Rogue One

Finally saw it over the weekend.

I thought it was better than The Force Awakens.

I liked it, but wish there would have been a little more character development. You really didn't get to know the characters that well.

One thing I thought was kind of stupid was how most of the rebel's weapons looked like they had magazines.

Needed more of the dude with the machine gun and Donnie Yen.

I thought it was the best Star Wars movie in the last 35 years.

I can't rationally compare it to the originals because I was too young to be unbiased about them.

I like it. I actually liked the Force Awakens a little more, but appreaciated that it was a lot more orignal than that one. 

I agree about there not being enough character developement and the side characters were pretty cool, just not enough of them.

I would give it a 7/10 for whatever that's worth.

1) Star Wars = Classic movie. Well done!

2) The Empire Strikes Back = Classic movie and a great sequel.

3) The Return Of The Jedi = Weak sauce starting to show at the cracks but an ok way to end the trilogy.

4) The Phantom Menace = Hot steaming garbage.

5) Attack Of The Clones = More hot steaming poop.

6) Revenge Of The Sith = Still hot steaming crapola.

7) The Force Awakens = Weak sauce at the seams, but a great apology for three previous loads of crap.

8) Rogue One = A decent flick yet again with only some weak sauce but not approaching classic status.

Agree with op. There was so much character development at the end that seeing it a second time made it waaay better. You know who they are and what they're about, so going in the second time was a lot more fun. 

Willybone - 

I thought it was the best Star Wars movie in the last 35 years.

I can't rationally compare it to the originals because I was too young to be unbiased about them.

I liked it a lot.   Way bettter than force awakens and one of their best imho

I like how every shit character in it died.

Well Played!

Loved it 

I'm getting tired of female lead roles in every single fucking movie. Specially in star wars.

There were too many charachters in Rogue One, it's like they created all the characthers only to kill them off to sell merchandise. The blind jedi and his buddy had zero to do with the overall story arc for example.

That said, it was MUCH better then Ep 7.

I thought it had great visuals with the beach island  planet stuff but I'm not sure the word for it but the "scale" of fight scenes always felt like I was watching a stage play or something. Like when the rebels ambushed a tank it just looked so corny and like they were fighting in small studio. 

The island planet looked great but the fight scenes again felt like they weren't even close to how grand it could have been and just looked like a studio. 

The characters also were kinda lame. 

It set the bar for all Star Wars spin off stories. Good, but nothing surprising. 

I agree with OP. Baze and Chirrut had way too much potential to have a one movie lifespan.

Hurrakayne - I agree with OP. Baze and Chirrut had way too much potential to have a one movie lifespan.

I was hoping they were going to get a little more into Chirrut, like explain how he knew all about the Force and why he "followed" it.

i loved it. I also loved the force awakens. Rogue One got better with each viewing.  I loved parts of the prequels, but overall they weren't very good.

excited to see what else they do with star wars ...

I came into it fully expecting to hate and dismiss it as yet another milking of the franchise. Do we really need to know the back story behind the Death Star plans getting to the rebels?

I was happy to be wrong. Movie was excellent.

It even stitched over some plot holes in the original (no spoiler).

And wasn't a singing dancing muppet show like ep 6 and ep 1.

It was great and put TFA to shame.

I was ready to hate the female lead after the weak "I ain't need no man" caricature that was Rey, but I actually liked Jyn and thought she was a good character (they didn't need to throw in a "DON'T HOLD MY HAND" scene because they actually created a character here).

wunderbut -

Possibly the second best after empire. 

Yup, my favorite after Empire.

I thought it was the best one. I am more of a 'military' Star Wars fan then 'magic'. So give me stormtroopers, AT-AT walkers, TIE Fighters, X Wings, Star Destroyers all blowing shit up over the force and lightsabers and people training in jungles.

and of course there was Vader kicking some ass. He was pretty awesome.