Your Opinions & Critiques??

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I've visited, but God has been doing so much in my life and our ministry and I was hoping I could get some feedback from the brethren (and the haters who are always lurking here).

We are a ministry with very limited resources and just recently obtained our not-for-profit, so things are going to turn around very soon.

In the meantime I've been putting together all videos, websites, everything really (with no previous experience). And I wanted to know what you think?

Please let us know what you think of the site (bare in mind I'm an amature) and how you would improve it. We're planning on getting back technology to improve the quality of photos and videos, but we're really interested in advice and thoughts.

Thanks and God bless!!

www.operation2819.com or www.shekinahgloriaministries.com

Matt

www.shekinahgloriaministries.com

www.operation2819.com

Thanks so much Yuki!!

ttt

I apologize in advance, as I don't have a heck of a lot of time to write or review the site, but two things jumped out at me.

1. Take out the splash page.  There's really no functional purpose for it.

2. Don't automatically play music or a video.  In general, people are iritated by it, especially people that are in an office environment when they visit the site.

Just have the visitor go to the main page, with no automatically playing music.

StKolbe,

Forgive me b/c I'm not down with the terms, but is the splash page the first page where I have the video playing?

Btw, Thanks for the input!

Matt

Yep, the first page doesn't really do anything for the visitor to the site, except for playing the video.  And you probably do't want to play the video automatically anyway.  My suggestion would be to just do away with that page completely, and create a link to view the video on the next page.

StKolbe,

If you stumbled upon our website you wouldn't even see the video, it's only if you directly type in our link that it would pop up, b/c that page isn't in any directories.

What do you think about putting it up w/o automatically playing it?

Thanks again for the input!

Matt