Your take on "Support the sport"

People have been thrpwing around this saying since aroung UFC 5 or so. I have been a supporter of the sport since I bought almost every UFC since #2 and many Prides. I also own a Fighter's Notebook, etc.

That being said, I think saying "support the sport" should be fazed-out. The sport has been supported for 10 years and it is time to cut the proverbial umbilical cord and let it stand on its own. Lets remove the training wheels and if the sport "crashes and burns" than fuck it. If the sport dies than, much like the dodo bird and wooly mammouth, it obviously wasn't meant to survive.

I work hard for my money and nobody is supporting me. Those guys like Dana undoubtedly make more money and have nicer homes than my 40K a year can purchase. When is the last time Zuffa supported me or my goddamn'd family?!

I am going to the crappy card they call UFC 50. I used the money that was supposed to be a birthday present for my 4 year old son (who is dying of cancer by the way). I am seriously considering not buying the next UFC or the Pride after the next one (gotta see Silva/Jackson). I am sertioulsy considering starting to spend the money on my son next year.

This thread is bad for the sport.

'I am going to the crappy card they call UFC 50. I used the money that was supposed to be a birthday present for my 4 year old son (who is dying of cancer by the way).'

Your priorities are fuked up, whether people support the sport or not. Give your son the best things your 40k a year can afford. You sound angry. Sad story.

Odessa is correct.

Supporting something is not a control issue tbftne! It's making choices accordingly in the order they belong. Your son comes first. Not an order, but a decision made by the mental process of what's more important in your life.

Which would hurt you to the inner core of your soul if you didn't have anymore?

Supporting a sport should not become a struggle! Now go hug you're son & forget worrying over "what" is more important, you already know the answer................ :-)

That saying is bullshit. We will get this sport to be mainstream by being dicks and shit talking other sports.

ok now first of all all ur money and priorities should be with ur son But I agree F support the sport I bought every PPV been to 5 shows They aint given the fans anything for free Reason its rinkydink is they refuse to put on a live show with live fights until that happens the sport will remain a freal show in the publics eyes

I am so sorry to hear about your son. I don't know
his age, but if there is anything in my line that might
interest him, I would really like the sport to support
him. Email me Kirik@mma.tv if you get a chance.

"I am going to the crappy card they call UFC 50. I used the money that was supposed to be a birthday present for my 4 year old son (who is dying of cancer by the way). I am seriously considering not buying the next UFC or the Pride after the next one (gotta see Silva/Jackson). I am sertioulsy considering starting to spend the money on my son next year."

is this guy a troll or just a stupid father?

I think the guy was just trying to make a point about spending the money by making up an extreme example

I mean, buy a UFC instead of a present for your young son(who is dying of caner btw)

come on, no one is that dumb