Your thoughts on acupuncture?

My mum went for acupuncture for back pain. Doc ended up hitting a blood vessel which then bled into her discs causing her even more pain than before. Phone Post 3.0

^ yikes

Garbage Phone Post 3.0

Just a few minutes ago, my wife told me I should do acupuncture to clear up my nasal congestion. I'm glad the light was off so she didn't see me roll my eyes.

She also said acupuncture could help my astigmatism. o.O Phone Post 3.0

I have had it for back pain (2x), for shoulder pain and for wrist pain.

Each time, I enjoyed the process, but it had absolutely no effect. None.

Rashomon - Just a few minutes ago, my wife told me I should do acupuncture to clear up my nasal congestion. I'm glad the light was off so she didn't see me roll my eyes.

She also said acupuncture could help my astigmatism. o.O Phone Post 3.0
I know someone who did this.

12 treatments, 600 bucks later no difference. Phone Post 3.0

^nasal thing, not eye sight. Phone Post 3.0

It depends on the situation and the acupuncturist. I go for my back and it works. It's pretty simple really the needle is placed in the route where the pain goes to the brain. For my back I have needles placed on my legs, head, wrist, and ears Actually nothing in the back. I think it has to do more with who does it like anything else. Phone Post 3.0

Once upon a time I was sexing up a couole different girls who were attending the same "prestigious" acupuncture school in San Francisco.

The lack of rigor and totally laid back "I dont know what to do with my life but I believe in magic so I'll become an acupuncturist" attitude was pervasive in the 90% female student body. Phone Post 3.0

My wife wants me to go for overall health. For me, the only good part about it is the naps. I get to carve out an hour of extra sleep.

Whenever I go back, the acupuncturist asks if there were any change in my energy level. I usually tell him something like, "Yes, I went to be early last night so I feel pretty good today." My point being that the acupuncture didn't do anything. I get a perverse kick out if popping the dude's bubble. lol. Phone Post 3.0

Dry needling is legit. I had a chronically painful groin muscle from wrestling. Saw a physical therapist that said he was gonna use dry needling to loosen it up. I was like ok but thinking "fuck!! of all the therapists I end up with mr ancient Chinese herbal medicine" the guy got me to squeeze my knees together while he resisted it. I could barely do it because it hurt. He did the dry needling. Left them in for about 10 mins then took them out. Did the knee squeeze test again and I was waaaay stronger and in much less pain. It had loosened up the tight muscles a lot. I got lots of treatment and ended up with no groin pain. I'd had it (osteopubis) for like a year and a half. I was considering retiring from wrestling because it hurt when I walked. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

Surprised so many negative experiences here. I had a Korean guy do mine and it was great. Problem is it takes more than one visit. Remember you still have to exercise also in the case of an injury. It's not just this magical thing that happens.